Better pics of my first storm.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Lord Flasheart

Re: Better pics of my first storm.

Post by Lord Flasheart »

mattycoops43 wrote:
Kev L wrote:
mattycoops43 wrote:Very nice! Looks like a nice example.

Did the previous owner keep forgetting what bike it was though?
It's black Matt, the owners are a little, how should I put this, "Special"! :wave:

LOL. Thing is, mine is black (took me a while to get used to the extra torque) and I seem to get by without having firestorm written all over it?
Haha, the funny thing is I told one of the girls at work I'd bought another Honda, showed her a pic and she asked what the model name was! :roll:
Flash by name, flash by nature! Woof!

Graham
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

LOL. yes

What extra talk though, black bike owners don't talk any more than the owners of other colour bikes?

:beer:
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
chric

Post by chric »

nowt wrong with a bit of bling just dont go as far as i went :oops:

Any one what dont think that this sexy is just well gel

Ill never be a sell out storm forever
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

You have a nice clean Storm there Mi Lord.

But those hangers are total gash & don't get me started on the rad covers !...Right I cant resist get them off ASAP ! If you don't have the standard wire mesh underneath them fear not, other mesh is available, meanwhile get a can of matt black rad paint from Frosts Auto paint & spray the rad's. http://www.frost.co.uk/eastwood-radiato ... rosol.html

It's got a bling chain guard on as well hasn't it...? Trying to hide the monstrosity are you ? Is that laser cut Firestorm logo as well...? 3x yes ?
Scrap that as well ! I just happen to have a standard chain guard in the stores, even cleaned it today...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

At first I thought Chric's bike put another jacket on. :lol: Yeh nice bike but loose the rad covers in particular :sick: Cosmetics can be dealt with at anytime, make sure everything is mechanically sound first :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Remember lads, 1 mans bling is another mans :sick: and if we all liked the same things it would be a boring old world (and there would be no place for Chric's bike :lol: )

But having said all that, the chrome tat has to go :lol:
AMcQ
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Keep those indicators ...road users will see them .... Melton Mowbray ..
pies delicious ... mmmmmm :thumbup:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Bike looks good. I would remove the rad guards and exhaust hangers but that's me :lol: your not far from me. Should meet for a ride out sometime :thumbup:
Lord Flasheart

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Agreed that everyone has their own tastes and I do like a little bit on shiny stuff on somethings, but the stuff on my bike is a bit ott.
MacV2 wrote:It's got a bling chain guard on as well hasn't it...? Trying to hide the monstrosity are you ? Is that laser cut Firestorm logo as well...? 3x yes ?
Scrap that as well ! I just happen to have a standard chain guard in the stores, even cleaned it today...
Yes it's got a bling chain guard, but no it hasn't firestorm cut into in...I don't think.
List of things I will eventually change.
Exhaust hangers (got the originals just got to decide what to do with the, i.e satin black or carbon dip)
Chain guard.
Rad guards (can't seem to find any different ones, but I like Mac's idea of spraying black)
Exhaust (sound lovely but too shiny, can't decide on black or titanium ones which aren't quite a shiny)
Indicators (as saintsman said, they're a good size but look a little dated)
There's a few other bits I can't think of, maybe the front mudguard? Not sold on the carbon look, plus it's got a bit of damage on one side that looks plain ugly!

When I get some spare time ck I'd be up for a ride out, I'm trying to do an open uni degree in engineering so my times a little stretched at the mo. But a blast out might help clear my head and help me think clearer :thumbup:

Graham
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

chric wrote:dont listen to the carbon crew go with what you like :lol:
That would be my opinion as well :thumbup:

Your bike looks good to me :thumbup:

Your chain guard and carbon hugger appears to be one made by a company called "ART" although they ceased trading a while ago, most likely a few years back. You are right, they didn't have the word "Firestorm" incorporated in the chain guard.

Chris.
Lord Flasheart

Post by Lord Flasheart »

It also looks like the chain guard is built into the hugger so I don't think I'd be able to use an original chain guard. So unless I get a new hugger that will be staying for a while.

It's only really the exhaust hangers that I don't like. Everything I can live with and will probably even grow on me. But for now I just want to get riding it and enjoy my first taste of v-twin goodness. Only had my licence 18 months, so start of slowly me thinks!

Thanks for all the kind words about the bike though! :thumbup:

Graham
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It also looks like the chain guard is built into the hugger so I don't think I'd be able to use an original chain guard
It may be over the top of a hugger chain guard like the pyramid hunger syle. My Harris Carbon hugger has the chain guard built in. It can be fiddly removing the chain guard or hugger as there is either an 8 or 10mm bolt right behind the rearset heel plate. Very inaccessible unless you have mechanics hands :lol: It's easy to get to by removing the swingarm bolt and pulling the left rearset out the way.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

As I posted earlier, I'm almost 100% certain it's an "ART" chain guard and carbon fibre hugger, I ought to know I used to own one :lol: They were made and sold as one item. Although the chain guard part is bolted to the hugger it would be difficult at the very least to get a standard chain guard to work with the carbon hugger. The reason I know that is I tried to do the very same thing myself.

Chris.
Lord Flasheart

Post by Lord Flasheart »

sirch345 wrote:As I posted earlier, I'm almost 100% certain it's an "ART" chain guard and carbon fibre hugger, I ought to know I used to own one :lol: They were made and sold as one item. Although the chain guard part is bolted to the hugger it would be difficult at the very least to get a standard chain guard to work with the carbon hugger. The reason I know that is I tried to do the very same thing myself.

Chris.
Bugger I thought that was the case. Never mind

Graham
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I wouldn't worry to much about it, they are a very well made product, which is more than can be said for a lot of after market parts available today,

Chris.