Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: halal meat....

Post by Pete.L »

AMCQ46 wrote:
Virt wrote:
I really ferking fancy a KFC :lol:
That's just what I said to the wife
And if we can have one of those three legged birds there would be a leg for me,the wife,and the cat!result! :D
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Virt

Post by Virt »

Pete.L wrote:
Virt wrote:
I really ferking fancy a KFC :lol:
That's just what I said to the wife
And if we can have one of those three legged birds there would be a leg for me,the wife,and the cat!result! :D
Great minds think alike :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

My main problem is myself....

One half of me would happily join the animal liberation front, the other loves a bacon sandwich... :lol:
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:Not this again :-( hand bags a dawn chaps .
Believe in what you want as it's your life and your path to walk.
Personally I think religion has no place in this modem world and isn't religion a dictatorship in it self ,
Don't do this don't do that or you'll spend forever in hell !!

Yes some of the morals of religions are good to follow but being crawl to animals as we are equals in "Gods" eyes is just wrong

well spoken, you can kill anything humanely if you want to, letting things suffer is not at all necessary. Religion doesn't feature in my life but common sense and decency does.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Religion...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Same here mate, I follow no religion as such, but have many simple beliefs that I try and live by

Loool mac
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

MacV2 wrote:Religion...

my missus agrees but likes me waving that in her face :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Hahaha
Jamie :wave:
Hoppo

Post by Hoppo »

Just a thought.
Would any of you like to have your throats cut while you are alive and slowly bleed to death in pain or would you prefer to be dead before hand??

Oh and peoples religious beliefs and actions arising from such should not be imposed on those that do not follow those religions.

All religions are some persons views and interpretations imposed on others usually for the power to contol.
Hence all the different versions of the so called Christian Religion.

Wow thats go that off my chest!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I've been umming and arghing whether to respond or not but couldn't resist :lol:

Lets put things in perspective here.

Personally I wouldn't mind as long as both carotid arteries are cut cleanly. It certainly would not be slow. One would most likely be unconscious within less than 30 secs and in the meantime you have adrenaline doing it's job and then be dead in less than 3 mins. That's the reality of it. I can think of a lot worse ways to go.

There is no such thing as instant death it's not like flicking a switch. Stunning makes them unconscious but even if unconscious one could still feel pain whether that be physical or from an altered state of mind but not be able to voice it. As has been said in an abattoir they are stunned and then have the neck or body cavity slit open to drain all the blood away. How long between those processes.

So to me both ways are equally as bad or as good as each other.

I've voiced my opinion and that's all I have to say on the matter. At the end of the day we are meat eaters and the animal has to be killed one way or another. If you don't like it, don't eat it.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

My 2p worth as someone who has killed a few animals (large and small) in my time.
I grew up on a farm, and my family are still hill farmers in scotland. My old granny used to say if you arnt prepared to kill it don't ask to eat it! But she liked to shock city folk :D

Bottom line....Look after the animal when it's alive and kill it with respect and as little stress as possible in the run up to the event. A slit throat is pretty fast, for me as long as the animal is being treated well through the process up to that final act, then it's ok by me.
AMcQ
Bleh

Post by Bleh »

AMCQ46 wrote:My 2p worth as someone who has killed a few animals (large and small) in my time.
I grew up on a farm, and my family are still hill farmers in scotland. My old granny used to say if you arnt prepared to kill it don't ask to eat it!
And I almost full heartedly agree except for the part that I've never slaughtered an animal. And another point you maybe made blindly is the method of slaughter (assuming you used to slit the throat) which is pretty much no different to halal, excluding the prayer or whatever (please excuse any ignorance, I'm unaware of the correct terminology in relation to the rituals etc).

We're greedy, carnivorous creatures. We expect everything on our terms and the market dictates the impression that we get it. I've heard, but never looked it up, that in some european countries, some slaughter houses even use an acid as a method of skinning the animal. Point being, we should be more concerned with what we are doing ourselves than what a religion dictates on how it should be done. Jeez, our own government allowed the sale, and may still be allowing the sale of MRM (Mechanically Recovered Meat)... That stuff is foul and is banned from a lot of countries and we eat it; not even dogs kibble is as poor quality as that!!

We're not advanced, we're not civilized, we ARE rapidly over-populating the planet whilst devouring all of its resources in the aid of profit and power. The majorities ambitions include financial gains somewhere along the line, and this desire to hold power over a nation comes from the ''blinking'' medieval times... Each and every one of us are caught up in the disease of superiority, we all think our way is the right way and the best way but how do we truly know that???
Fair enough, it's only right to say "oh, look bud, it's not right to stone a woman to death in the street because she wants an education, because they have ambition. The only way forward as a civilization is to embrace each other, learn from each other, work towards the future because we have no choice but to share the planet we live on. That young woman you stoned to death could hold the cure for cancer in her mind locked away and all she needs is to fulfill her ambitions to unlock it".

I've just ranted again for ages and not realized. But my point is, halal has been going on for centuries and will likely continue. Slaughtering animals for food is an unfortunate 'ugly' in nature and something we have to put up with if we are to survive. And if we didn't need to slaughter animals for food, there would be need need for many of them - after all, cattle hardly do the atmosphere any good with all the methane they produce (it is methane isn't it?) so then we could rant about killing the animals because they're doing us any favours instead.

To sum up, we need to make sure we know how to tie our own shoe laces properly before we start dictating to others how they should tie theirs!

:crazy: :eek2 :roll: :Argue 1: :wtf: :Argue: :wave: :shh: :thumbup:
I'm not death to power tools... If it breaks, it's obviously NOT a power tool!!!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

well, there was a very intelligent sounding bloke on the radio on Friday talking up for the halal meat.
he was doing ok until he declared that on your judgement day , presumably the day you die, all the animals you,ve ever killed or harmed will be there speaking up against you and condemning you to some sort of eternal damnation ? sliting their throats and hanging them upside down is ok though apparently.

no slug pellets for me this spring !? (putting them down, not eating them :lol: )
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lumpyv wrote:well, there was a very intelligent sounding bloke on the radio on Friday talking up for the halal meat.
he was doing ok until he declared that on your judgement day , presumably the day you die, all the animals you,ve ever killed or harmed will be there speaking up against you and condemning you to some sort of eternal damnation ? sliting their throats and hanging them upside down is ok though apparently.

no slug pellets for me this spring !? (putting them down, not eating them :lol: )
I'm buggered then...

All those mice,rats,squirrels,pigeons,cockroaches,fleas,wasps & bed bugs...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

MacV2 wrote:
lumpyv wrote:well, there was a very intelligent sounding bloke on the radio on Friday talking up for the halal meat.

I'm buggered then...

All those mice,rats,squirrels,pigeons,cockroaches,fleas,wasps & bed bugs...
you.ll need to hire the village hall to get that lot in !!

he was dead serious though, the interviewer was gently taking the pi55 but he did,nt even seem to realise that .
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.