halal meat....

General Biker Banter
Virt

Re: halal meat....

Post by Virt »

callam_nffc wrote:I make up for it with my dislike for a large proportion of humans :lol:
Joiin the club :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Virt wrote:
callam_nffc wrote:I make up for it with my dislike for a large proportion of humans :lol:
Joiin my gay club :lol:
Thanks but no thanks
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
Virt

Post by Virt »

You sure? Fabulous Fridays are half price :(

I've got a Hawaiian shirt that will just make you look adorable!
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

callam_nffc wrote:Well said virt, it may sound all hippy-drippy but I think we should all take a bit more care each day in the way we treat others/animals/the world in general...

Anyway, where did I put that peace pipe...
+1
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

If God had meant us to be vegetarians.........why did he make animals out of meat
it may be clever, but its not big.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Back to the topic slightly though - we should be a secular society which is tolerant of minorities. That does not mean that minorities have a right to ritually torture animals, promote bigotry through "faith" schools, etc. This applies to Muslims or Roman Catholics as far as I'm concerned. The people make the law (if enough can be bothered to vote etc) and the will of the people overarches everything else. Education is the only thing that brings people out of the dark ages.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Is this an immigrant baiting thread from another VTR site known for its "englishness"
Bleh

Post by Bleh »

Truthfully, when it you compare the way we slaughter an animal to the way halal is achieved, you'll see there's no great difference.

We slaughter over 2 million cattle a year, cattle which has been transported to a strange place, taking to a new indoors and prodded into a booth where some strange bloke zaps it with quite a few volts to knock it unconscious, but it's still alive, heart beating and all that. It's then hung and either gets its throat cut or sliced down the chest CLOSE TO the heart and through its veins etc and left to bleed out!

So yeah, we may make the death quicker but the process leading up to it is just a strange and frightening for the animal(s) involved.

Every one of our ancient ancestors survived by killing the animals by one method or another, I promise you that and they didn't waste an ounce. Look at us now, supermarkets throwing how much out of date meat away every year. How much cattle/ poultry was needlessly slaughtered but for no other reason than to profit from. At least the halal is done with the belief of a purpose and is seldom put to waste, at least from what I've seen anyway.

I'm not religious in any way but neither do I begrudge any single individual their beliefs or race/ gender/ sexuality. We are all weary of the stigma that surrounds extremists and all that but really, we need to look at ourselves before we start poking our noses in other people business.

I feel it's just media hype, stuff just to draw you in. This is an issue that really shouldn't concern us when there are much better things we could do as an 'advanced' (that's a laugh eh? :lol: ) civilization like control our waste, sort out our fu...., our monetary system, stop profiteering from death and disease and stop putting a price on our safety and advancements in globally beneficial technology.

Rant over. Sorry!
I'm not death to power tools... If it breaks, it's obviously NOT a power tool!!!
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

No not in the slightest, its something I wondered about which is to do with peoples moral/ethical beliefs...

I couldnt give a wombles what your religious beliefs are, colour of your skin is (sexual persuasion virt) and so on, I believe slitting a conscious animal's throat to be wrong.

Especially when it's because some wombles old book told you so...

This practice applies to kosher food too I believe, so there goes the "your anti Islam" crap
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Yes agreed on many points Bleh

But I think IF your going to cut somethings carotid artery (I believe im right in saying that) I think it should be completely out of it when you do so, brain dead as it were

Again I realise your very valid points about the transportation of animals etc, which I think further emphasises the reason you should minimise the stress as much as possible when seeing something off
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

I have kept my own animals, killed them and eaten them, as have my children, we know where meat comes from, however the factory system of meat supply in UK is pretty bad for the animals, I know a few idiots who work in slaughterhouses who think its funny to scald pigs alive.
Halal is part of a practice in Hot countries in medieval times to ensure the animal is bled, preventing it going off quickly, unfortunately the religion has not progressed , same with cristianity, so we have two conflicting arab based religions, pretty sad. Halal , these days is a throwback to days when the only guy in the village who had a sharp knife was the butcher...he did amputations too,,, there were no stun guns.. :cry:
religion...I'm a Tarvuist :thumbup:

http://www.tarvu.com/
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Actually me not eating meat is not quite strictly true. I haven't eaten red meat in years. It all came about with my sister doing most of the cooking and she is proper veggie and feels sorry for the animals, wont even eat gelatine because it contains animal products. My body sort of got used to not eating meat so I stopped and when I did have some I didn't like it and my farts where worse. :lol: I've always eaten Chicken though and the odd bacon buttie.

Who likes KFC then. Shall we genetically breed things specifically for food.
Warning this may put you off KFC for life.
http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/kfc.asp

McDonalds is probably doing something similar too, it wouldn't surprise me. :eek2 Maybe we could genetically breed things so they don't have feelings and/or feel pain. That's even things like cattle have feelings like us. It's not like we can put ourselves in their body to prove otherwise. All we are doing is comparing them by what we know within ourselves. Too many feelings for out own good sometimes.

How we slaughter animals is so insignificant compared to other uses we have for animals like testing pharmaceuticals, disease etc etc. Should we stop that and allow more humans to die rather than bring out the next wonder drug to treat whatever.

At the end of the day it's survival of the fittest. Eat or be eaten.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:Actually me not eating meat is not quite strictly true. I haven't eaten red meat in years. It all came about with my sister doing most of the cooking and she is proper veggie and feels sorry for the animals, wont even eat gelatine because it contains animal products. My body sort of got used to not eating meat so I stopped and when I did have some I didn't like it and my farts where worse. :lol: I've always eaten Chicken though and the odd bacon buttie.

Who likes KFC then. Shall we genetically breed things specifically for food.
Warning this may put you off KFC for life.
http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/kfc.asp

McDonalds is probably doing something similar too, it wouldn't surprise me. :eek2 Maybe we could genetically breed things so they don't have feelings and/or feel pain. That's even things like cattle have feelings like us. It's not like we can put ourselves in their body to prove otherwise. All we are doing is comparing them by what we know within ourselves. Too many feelings for out own good sometimes.

How we slaughter animals is so insignificant compared to other uses we have for animals like testing pharmaceuticals, disease etc etc. Should we stop that and allow more humans to die rather than bring out the next wonder drug to treat whatever.

At the end of the day it's survival of the fittest. Eat or be eaten.

(:-})
I really wombles fancy a KFC.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Virt wrote:
I really ferking fancy a KFC.
you would shag anything that didn't run away :lol:
AMcQ
Virt