Do i need to tell my insurer?

General Bike chat
gas

Do i need to tell my insurer?

Post by gas »

I've recently fitted titanium cans to my 'storm,do i need to inform my insurance company ?Also a couple of months ago i was fined for pulling a wheelie, £30 but no points.Again do i need to inform them and what will happen if i don't.I'm sure one of you lot will know the answer!
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Personally Id take the chance on the cans. Not sure about the fine. If no points then it wont show up on the licence when you send a copy so would they be able to trace the fine? Dont know. Either way I wouldnt consider telling them anything until renewal time.

Cheers
Wayne
RichieCook

Post by RichieCook »

i work for a major motor insurer, although we dont insure bikes, i wouldnt bother saying about the fine unless you have an edorsement on your licence......about the cans if you cause an accident and they find out they could be within their rights to void your policy due to non disclosure!

Your choice mate!
Waheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

tell them nothing, in the event you do have to make a claim,
make sure you swap back over to the original cans before making claiming & before the insurance people can have a look at the bike.
there sorted! :mrgreen:
philsmith

Post by philsmith »

I made the mistake of mentioning that it had 'different' cans on, because i read somewhere that they wern't really bothered & as Ritchie said they can void your policy just because they asked & you lied.

However the reason i say 'mistake' is because once i had mentioned them they got all fussy over what 'legality' markings they had on... in the end I told them they were BS stamped... they actually have no markings!

Your choice, I agree with not worrying about the fine though.
Have fun & Ride Safe.
Phil.