tyres

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
trebs

Post by trebs »

new set of BT014's went on my bike on Saturday. Replacing the Dunlops.
£169 for the pair, fitted.

I went out for a play on Saturday afternoon, some winding Oxfordshire roads . My cousin was kindly pacing me on his R1 :) Well. The chicken strips are gone already. I find these tyres give a much better ride than the Dunlops, far more confident feel. Grip.. bags of it, cranked over wheelies out of nicely cambered roundabouts, loadsa grip, no squirm like the Dunlops had.
Stratman

Tyres

Post by Stratman »

Anyone run Pirelli Diablos? Fancy a change from my Avon ST's, although mileage has been phenomenal. If anyone has, what sort of mileage did you get from them etc
Thanks
EGG

Post by EGG »

I have metzler Ractec's at the mo. Best tyre i have ever had. Same as the top of the range Pirelli's just cut different. By f**k they are sticky. Don't last long though.
Better to burn out than just fade away!
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Tyres

Post by sirch345 »

Stratman wrote:Anyone run Pirelli Diablos? Fancy a change from my Avon ST's, although mileage has been phenomenal. If anyone has, what sort of mileage did you get from them etc
Thanks
Does this mean you have nearly got your VTR back on the road Paul :?:

Chris.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Hi Chris - she's back - running a bit out of balance but back for a tweak on Wednesday. Still able to thrash Mille's etc so good - lower gearing is good, you can't tell much difference until you just open up in 5th/6th and watch the speedo rise to 120/130 so quickly - I know its reading optimistically but not that much , I reckon about 5%.

The old girl and I are getting re-acquainted - am organising a trip to the Lake Distrtict and Dales weekend of the 16-18 September so I can see how she performs again. If I fancy a change, I've been thinking about a ZX12 - can tour too, but also mighty quick. I like a challenge!

May get down to Cornwal next spring as I have never been that way on the bike - I'll let you know.

Cheers

Paul
Druid

Re: Tyres

Post by Druid »

Stratman wrote:Anyone run Pirelli Diablos? Fancy a change from my Avon ST's, although mileage has been phenomenal. If anyone has, what sort of mileage did you get from them etc
Thanks
Had Diablos on mine, they replaced the original 020s. Felt similar to the Bridgestones, nice and neutral steering, plenty of feel, stuck well wet or dry. Replaced the rear after 5000 miles, though it had been feeling a bit edgy for about 1000 miles before - it was well squared off though, too many motorway miles. Front was good for about another 2k miles.

I've been converted to Diablos :)
“I don’t want to live in a society where some do gooder thinks my safety is more important than my freedom” – Richard Rutan
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stratman wrote:Hi Chris - she's back - running a bit out of balance but back for a tweak on Wednesday. Still able to thrash Mille's etc so good - lower gearing is good, you can't tell much difference until you just open up in 5th/6th and watch the speedo rise to 120/130 so quickly - I know its reading optimistically but not that much , I reckon about 5%.

The old girl and I are getting re-acquainted - am organising a trip to the Lake Distrtict and Dales weekend of the 16-18 September so I can see how she performs again. If I fancy a change, I've been thinking about a ZX12 - can tour too, but also mighty quick. I like a challenge!

May get down to Cornwal next spring as I have never been that way on the bike - I'll let you know.

Cheers

Paul
Pleased to hear you've got your VTR back on the road Paul :!:
Did you ever get to the bottom of the miss-fire problem :?:

Cheers Chris.
Little Hairy Welshman

D207's

Post by Little Hairy Welshman »

I had many different tyre combo's on my Fazer including the 207's. I found them a good tyre. Tyre choice is all down to personal preference and how you ride. Modern tyres are all pretty good so you shouldn't have issues with whatever chioce you make.

So, I'm putting a pair of 207's on the VTR... £140 ride in ride out. Seems very reasonable to me.

LHW