Anyone played with Velocity Stacks?

General Bike chat
Tweety

Re: Anyone played with Velocity Stacks?

Post by Tweety »

fabiostar wrote:so do we have and answer lol... can you just fit two longs or two shorts and get an incease without rejetting?
Yes... Like said above, two long gives you more low range and two short gives more top end... All you need to do is perhaps adjust the needles a tad or two... Basically do an idle drop and carb sync, really...

It's proven and it works... But it's not even expensive to get a pair of Dr.Honda stacks... Best of both, with not much more work...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

gl_s_r wrote:This makes perfect sense and I prefer this method as all we are after is a goal and that is more power. The changes we make either move us towards that goal or away from the goal. It doesn't matter if the Cv is faster or slower on a stack but more importantly if the change moves you towards that goal. All the small things can be measured and maybe improved but if it works as a whole package is the question... and that is what you are finding out, the complimentary overlap of parts that improve as a package.
Just for reference... The VTR is the runt of the litter, at just below 150 at the rear wheel (or just below 140, depending on which one)... The big dog of two wheeled toys put out just shy of 710 at the rear wheel at full boost... And, incidentally, if you take that times two, you get roughly the 1460 bhp that the Willis Coupe puts out before you hit the NOS... And, that's about what the dyno survives... Last time we tried to tune for the NOS on the Willis, we broke it... Twice...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Tweety wrote:
fabiostar wrote:so do we have and answer lol... can you just fit two longs or two shorts and get an incease without rejetting?
Yes... Like said above, two long gives you more low range and two short gives more top end... All you need to do is perhaps adjust the needles a tad or two... Basically do an idle drop and carb sync, really...

It's proven and it works... But it's not even expensive to get a pair of Dr.Honda stacks... Best of both, with not much more work...
happy days thats the type of tuning i like. :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: