Motorcycle Action Group

General Biker Banter
TonyW650

Motorcycle Action Group

Post by TonyW650 »

Hi All,
As some of you may know or may not, I'm a advocate of Motorcycle Action Group, and all its done for us in the Biking community and what its trying to achieve at the moment both foreign and domestic.
Well I've just been made the South and South eastern Membership Coordinator and I'm still the Deputy Rep for East Kent, So if your a member in Hampshire, Kent, Sussex and London and your membership is due renew or has recently lapsed, expect a e-mail or letter from me, also trying to find out by what system you joined.
We're also looking at trying to set up some new Branches, for example London as there is only one branch for the whole of London area, that's the Ace cafe, and boost MAG's member base.
There's alot going on within MAG itself at the moment, we have former MP Lembit Opik onboard with us as Director of communication's and Public affairs.

"Lembit and Leon have clear ambitions for MAG. Lembit says ‘as an MP, I chaired the All Party Parliamentary Group for Motorcycling. Back then, the Department of Transport saw bikers more as a hassle than an answer to congestion and pollution problems. Now, the mood at the Ministry is changing and we’ve got a rising number of great allies in Government. Steve Baker MP is an outstanding Chair of the All-Party Group. I get on well with Transport Minister Robert Goodwill MP and know he will engage on bike policy.’ Leon adds ‘with a newly sharpened approach, a better relationship between bureaucrats and bikers is evolving. It's about to become even more productive. I’ve worked and won on issues before, and we now have better prospects than ever for really moving the positive role of motorcycling further up policy agendas – at Local and Central Government levels.

MAG Chair, John Mitchell, underlines MAG's determination to boost the strength and penetration of its voice for bikers. ‘We’ve always been at the forefront of battles over issues for bikers since we formed to fight the authoritarian helmet law in 1973. Other threats have come our way, most involving the replacement of common sense with patronising over-regulation. Lembit and Leon are a tremendous new force in the fight-back for freedom: the Institute for Economic Affairs even identified Lembit as the most ‘libertarian’ MP in the country, and he really does ‘walk the freedom talk’ in word and deed. Leon has an excellent mental map of the policy jungle, and has a key role in our awesome team. Changing the regulatory tide is bigger than just biking – it’s actually about liberty. With Leon's insight, clarity and stamina, real progress looks likely. And, if one person combines political focus with the passion needed to fully reflect MAG’s determination to defend the heart and soul of biking – it’s Lembit Öpik.
"

So if any of you want any information as to what's going on or where your local branch meets or how to join or what MAG Does, Please feel free to ask me.

Lets Make it a good Year for MAG and a good year for biking!
BigVeeGrin

Re: Motorcycle Action Group

Post by BigVeeGrin »

good work tony, i appreciate the work voulnteers put in as part of MAG, the BMF etc for all of us bikers :thumbup: - interesting about Cheeky girl Lembit, didn't know he's a biker. his knowledge of the corridors of power here and in Europe will be invaluable no doubt. and how're things in general?
TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

Lembit
"I rebuilt my Yamaha YB100 in 1982, and have ridden two wheels ever since. Currently I’ve got a Suzuki GS1000, and am as passionate as ever – and that’s why taking on this new role feels like coming home."

Can I get any of you lot from here to join MAG?????
I know we have some members on here, any of you guys in london?

Hows things in general, not that well with me, Hospital think I may have 2 more discs going in my back as all the pain has returned and is in some respects alot worse!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Tony, sorry to hear health wise things aren't good mate, had my fingers crossed for you.
I've been a member of MAG for a few years, joined at the MCN Excel show.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

TonyW650 wrote:Lembit
"I rebuilt my Yamaha YB100 in 1982, and have ridden two wheels ever since. Currently I’ve got a Suzuki GS1000, and am as passionate as ever – and that’s why taking on this new role feels like coming home."

Hows things in general, not that well with me, Hospital think I may have 2 more discs going in my back as all the pain has returned and is in some respects alot worse!
I'm in Romford, does that count :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

leevtr wrote:
TonyW650 wrote:Lembit

I'm in Romford, does that count :lol:
lee, I cover RM2 to 14 post codes, you in there some where??

Things MAG have done and some still on going

leevtr

Post by leevtr »

RM3 :thumbup:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

leevtr wrote:RM3 :thumbup:
your mine then lol
Virt

Post by Virt »

TonyW650 wrote:
leevtr wrote:RM3 :thumbup:
your mine then lol

Save the flirting for the pub guys! :D
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Lee, yo hims be'atch innit!!!!!!!!!!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

Kev L wrote:Lee, yo hims be'atch innit!!!!!!!!!!!
Good that made me laugh lol thanks for that Kev!
Hold on any MAG member in the south is MINE lol
Virt

Post by Virt »

You little slut :lol: :wink:
(or pimp maybe? )
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Virt on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

Virt wrote:You little slut :lol: :wink:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
hehehe
TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

I'm going to ask, does anyone know what MAG has done and is doing for us as motorcyclists?
Virt

Post by Virt »

TonyW650 wrote:I'm going to ask, does anyone know what MAG has done and is doing for us as motorcyclists?
Other than your posts, no :lol:

Does it affect insurance joining a group such as MAG by the way? When I filled in my details they asked if I was a member of any group like MAG or BMF... Can't really see why it's any of their business, personally, unless they want to make me suffer for it... :lol: