oh f oh f

General Biker Banter
Moocher

Re: oh f oh f

Post by Moocher »

I hate to see a biker 'down' and I hope everyone got away without injury. Speaking for myself..... we can all get caught out doing something which in hindsight we'd know was a bit daft. Mostly we get away with it. A sobering video though.
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

Tweety wrote:
firestorm1997 wrote:Totally avoidable if the riders had of
A) been riding to the road conditions and
b) riding in a staggered formation.
maybe the copper should have used a bit more common sense by not jumping out in front of the leading bike but he was doing his job or at least trying.... :oops:
Nowhere in his job description does it say to try to stop any motorist, on two or four wheels by physically standing in front of them... Especially not if the offence is speeding... So, he obviously was doing something other than his job...

Oh...I stand corrected then. So coppers aren't paid to catch Joe public speeding then.... well you learn something new everyday... :think:
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

firestorm1997 wrote:
Tweety wrote:
firestorm1997 wrote:Totally avoidable if the riders had of
A) been riding to the road conditions and
b) riding in a staggered formation.
maybe the copper should have used a bit more common sense by not jumping out in front of the leading bike but he was doing his job or at least trying.... :oops:
Nowhere in his job description does it say to try to stop any motorist, on two or four wheels by physically standing in front of them... Especially not if the offence is speeding... So, he obviously was doing something other than his job...

Oh...I stand corrected then. So coppers aren't paid to catch Joe public speeding then.... well you learn something new everyday... :think:
Eh.... Yes they are... But not by standing in their direct path... I'd say Health & Safety would have their hides if that was the case...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

But the problem wasn't where the copper stood as the lead bike had time to stop without hitting him. It was the dozy twonk behind him who reacted too late, surely?
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Stratman wrote:But the problem wasn't where the copper stood as the lead bike had time to stop without hitting him. It was the dozy twonk behind him who reacted too late, surely?
that right. i guess he wasnt expecting his mate to have to stop where he did. i think if he had knocked it down a couple of gears let go of the brakes or better still feathered the brakes he could have steered round the bike he hit?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
geodude

Post by geodude »

Stratman wrote:But the problem wasn't where the copper stood as the lead bike had time to stop without hitting him. It was the dozy twonk behind him who reacted too late, surely?
What he said!

90-100 mph on a country road in fog :wtf: Don't think i'd be doing that.

Visibility was ok to be able to stop in the distance seen to be clear as the 1st bike demonstrated.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Watty

Post by Watty »

What the copper did was stupid :crazy: ! But if you run into the back of someone bike, car, lorry, bus you're not in control and its your fault!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

it would be very interesting to know the results of any court cases brought
as a result of this.especialy since they had there own camera to back up any testament
we all know police men don't embellish storys don't we....
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

My point was that based on self preservation, both actions where to be considered dumb... Yeah, the guy on the bike was at fault, no doubt about that... But it still hurts to be run down, if you are right or not...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Speeding or not is irrelevant IMO. The majority of us do it at times. It's quite simply the second bikes fault as he never left enough braking distance for the speed and conditions or even experience. As much as I hate Plod I got to say what the copper done is stand to the side not directly in front so I don't see him as being in the wrong. I have had that done a few times where they take one step forward and stick their arm out or something to pull you over. It's quite normal.

Shame the second bike didn't go the other way when it locked up as there was space on the other side. If it was me and was possible I think I would have had the natural instinct to aim for the copper as Tweety mentioned it's the softer option. He would have most likely moved out the way quick enough. Anyway why hit your mate and damage a perfectly good bike when there is a fine looking florescent target :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside