Front pades

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
magnum

Front pades

Post by magnum »

Any one now where can get cheap billet 6 pot pads from found sum on ebay all most choked on me peenuts :eek2 .
Mark.
"It may be yellow but it ain't no chicken"
chaz

Re: Front pades

Post by chaz »

if you are after Harrison billet brakes , they are only made by the for themselves. either get to know a bike shop that can get the trade :D or possibly take the to an ebc stockist who might be able to match up one of your pads fro the catalogue
magnum

Post by magnum »

Thanks for the reply chaz they are Harrison billet 6 pot calipers a previous owner has fitted .(haven't got originals)
Just thinking ahead as will need in future looking around net ebay only ones can find that look ok are listed for a Harley so seam pricey :eek2
just asking question maybe someone knows a good supplier .
Mark.
chaz

Post by chaz »

problem with non standard kit is we had a performance 6 pot set up on a gsxr1100, when we had to get new discs for the mot we found the new ones would not go between the pads, someone must have ground the discs to suit even pushing pads right in wouldn't work, we had to get the original parts, if you take the out trace round the pair and ark on some dimensions I might be able to cross check ebc and ferodo records
magnum

Post by magnum »

iThink maybe look for second hand brakes see how I get on not in any rush but thanks for shining a light on things chaz haven't rode one with standard brakes have herd can be a bit week :?: any more advice welcome (also have braded lines fitted so could be ok with standard calipers).
Mark.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

magnum wrote:iThink maybe look for second hand brakes see how I get on not in any rush but thanks for shining a light on things chaz haven't rode one with standard brakes have herd can be a bit week :?: any more advice welcome (also have braded lines fitted so could be ok with standard calipers).
Mark.
If you buy original Storm calipers get Jonesey on here to have a look, he re-does them as good as they came out of the factory. Might be better served with CBR6004i calipers though if you can machine them & lowers to fit. AMCQ46 has loads of advice on Master Cylinders to fit. Mine is standard all round with braided hoses but if I had the money I would upgrade to later CBR stuff.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
magnum

Post by magnum »

Cheers for that mate bikes only done 14k think discs are original levered pads back looks to me could take new pads just trying to find a surpplier :?: .
Also was just wondering if the billet 6 pot was a common upgrade on the storm :?: .
Mot in april blokes a real Honda nut so perhaps pick his brains then, pads have still got some life left in them yet.
may just pop one out and look round local dealers see if they can match as well.
Mark.