Favourite British subject

General Biker Banter
Wicky

Re: Favourite British subject

Post by Wicky »

Yup! it gave me a startle. Cheers for the bump on Tues :thumbup: - I got to Tesco to fill up then it wouldn't start again. Today I found it was a loose battery connection :oops: at least I hope it was that so now getting a multimeter and swotting up on eleccytrickery.

:beer:
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

I was wondering how you got on with your bike, that's handy if it's as simple as a connection.

If you need a hand or garage space let me know :)

I ended up stealing a light from roadworks and putting it on the cone :thumbup: haven't checked to see if the tree has been cleared but it must have caught a few people out!
Jamie :wave:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I came across a BIG tree laying across the road on Christmas eve. Cars couldn't get by and where all turning around. Me being on two wheels decided to go up on the pavement and around it. :plainsmile I was genuinely quite shocked at the size of the tree that had come down. Ripped all the pavement and surrounding area up with it.

(:-})
Last edited by VTRDark on Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

Wicky wrote:Yup! it gave me a startle. Cheers for the bump on Tues :thumbup: - I got to Tesco to fill up then it wouldn't start again. Today I found it was a loose battery connection :oops: at least I hope it was that so now getting a multimeter and swotting up on eleccytrickery.

:beer:
Did you have to bump start it by yourself then? Can't imagine that being much fun :thumbdown:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

It's started blowing a hoolie here about an hour ago. Still going strong.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Hairy biker

Post by Hairy biker »

We've got high winds here too,no rain yet though
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most
Nickcv

Post by Nickcv »

I'm in Tonbridge and the flooding has been extensive and the worst I have seen in many years. I've lived in the town all of my life and experienced the devestating floods of 1968. Up until yesterday I was flooded on all sides and unable to leave the house. The high winds have caused damage to my roof and my kitchen ceiling has had a chunk fall out of it.

With more wind and rain on the way we are expecting more of the same yet to come. The flood barrier that protects the town had to be opened on account of fears that the embankment that contains the excess flood water was about to burst it's banks. On Xmas eve the water across our local sports ground was above the football goal posts which should give you some idea of how bad things have been.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Sorry to hear that Nick, hope everything turns out ok mate.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks for the info Nick. Sorry to hear you have been pretty badly hit by things. So Has your house been flooded as well :eek2 or have you got lucky and are have been surrounded/trapped by them. I really... hope you haven't been flooded, what a nasty thing to have to deal with. :thumbdown:

I'm heading off down to Robertsbridge. Spoken to my friends down there and the village has flooded :eek2 :eek2 flooded bad...properly. Like you the village has been hit by bad floods in the past years ago, can't remember when. But since then they built great big flood planes up by the playing field and put great big dikes and things for water to run off in etc. I think this is the first time they have been put to the test and they have failed. Apparently the complete high st is in metres of water. The local village store, post office, pub and the other handful of village shops along with the little....some very old buildings, peoples homes. :eek2

sh1t, I'm feeling the need to get down there know just to help a hand if needed, pitch in with the community. I know locals/I have acquaintances that live in and near the high st and other parts of the village. My friends I'm going to stay with luckily don't live in the valley of the village and are up the hill so have been lucky. I can also get access through the back lanes in and out from them but not the main route into the village. They have also lost their broadband :( Something else for me to sort out when I get there.

Oh well..I got to get off the forum now and crack on with things as I got a lot to do. Have only just woke up so feel recovered but a bit groggy. Weather outside my window is dry none or very little wind. Feels like I'm in the eye of the storm. Bit eerie really. :confused

OK folk see you the other end when I get their broadband sorted. I hope I can sort it and its not out of my hands. :think: I hate not being without the Internet.

Time for me to get Gortexed up. Mmmm wonder if `I should take my neoprene drysuit :lol:

Nickcv

Post by Nickcv »

cybercarl wrote:Thanks for the info Nick. Sorry to hear you have been pretty badly hit by things. So Has your house been flooded as well :eek2 or have you got lucky and are have been surrounded/trapped by them. I really... hope you haven't been flooded, what a nasty thing to have to deal with. :thumbdown:
Thankfully there's no flooding in my house but a few roads down from me have been evacuated.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just so you all know, I arrived safely and have now got the broadband up and running. Journey was a little blowy but did not come across any major floods, just big puddles so got lucky. :D

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:Just so you all know, I arrived safely and have now got the broadband up and running. Journey was a little blowy but did not come across any major floods, just big puddles so got lucky. :D

Bootiful day today here in sunny Grain ! Shame the roads are covered in shite !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

On Monday it's forecast to rain and blow again...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Plastic roof lifted on my 6m x 4m conservatory/indoor bike workshop/drum kit storage area. All the panels are now sitting on top of the bracing bars instead of underneath. I was up there on Xmas morning with a big hammer trying to persuade them back into their seats, some seem successful but some can't be persuaded, no matter how big a hammer I used.

Looks like time for a raid on the savings and a proper Orangery style roof putting up.
I fancy aluminium rather than acres of white plastic, with bi-fold doors across the front.
I'll try to persuade the builders to make it strong enough to take an electric hoist....

But first we have to wait until the insurance company get in touch, but although some rain gets in, tbh there's a lot of folk worse off than me, so I'm not whinging to the PM just yet.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.