Braced swinger

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
agentpineapple

Re: Braced swinger

Post by agentpineapple »

swingarm is looking good fella, love the r1 hugger, much more modern... :thumbup:
shame about the chainguard mount, would have looked a lot cleaner without it.
now stop swearing you bunch of twats..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

cybercarl wrote:You'll have to edit out the ones that don't work otherwise your creating admin work. :wink:

(:-})
Edit done :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

I'm still not sure about the hugger.It seems to be out of proportion with the swinger. Will have to wait until its all fitted up before I can make my mind up.

Hopefully when it's finished it will look good and then I will be a happy cunning stunt. :eh: :eh: :eh: :wave:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

ive got an r1 hugger for my braced swingarm tho when fitted they look ok im trimming mine down a little pluss its saves weight :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

With the height of the rear edge of the R1 hugger I would be concerned it would impact with the subframe/mudguard unit when under compression. How does it look with a wheel on the spindle? Does the hugger extend far beyond the profile of the tyre?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

If you look at gl_sr one you can clearly see that there is no clearance issues
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

That's good to know.

I did remember reading on here that they fit. :biggrin
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

You never know though Lloydie, do you. I remember someone telling me I would have clearance issues with braceing my swingarm on the Storm. Nice that you're so definitive with it now though! :biggrin
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kev L wrote:You never know though Lloydie, do you. I remember someone telling me I would have clearance issues with braceing my swingarm on the Storm. Nice that you're so definitive with it now though! :biggrin
Yes with the high levels but you have oval cans and it's always good to be educated when wrong :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

lloydie wrote:
Kev L wrote:You never know though Lloydie, do you. I remember someone telling me I would have clearance issues with braceing my swingarm on the Storm. Nice that you're so definitive with it now though! :biggrin
Yes with the high levels but you have oval cans and it's always good to be educated when wrong :thumbup:
I have round MIG high levels, and the clearance was ok, after I relieved the pillion peg hanger castings to allow the link pipes to clear.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Braced swinger

Post by lloydie »

tony.mon wrote:
lloydie wrote:
I have round MIG high levels, and the clearance was ok, after I relieved the pillion peg hanger castings to allow the link pipes to clear.
You just used a bigger hammer :lol: and I know yours is yellow but there's still no need to relieve yourself on in !!
Last edited by lloydie on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

A bugger hammer? I've got one of those, but dont get to use it much :(
Jamie :wave:
lloydie

Braced swinger

Post by lloydie »

I know you both had success with yours :clap: when I ran high levels and started the brace I didn't have enough clearance .
But it also proves that every set up is different and what may work with one don't mean it will work with another unless all the same branded parts are used .
I'm always happy to be proven wrong and happier to learn .
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Bugger hammer, now that must be uncomfortable!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kev L wrote:Bugger hammer, now that must be uncomfortable!
Only if no lube was used !! :Lol: