brake master cylinders

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
TonyW650

brake master cylinders

Post by TonyW650 »

Got a question.
you know I have a Buell aswell as the storm, Buell owners rave about radial brake and clutch master cylinders, would they improve the clutch and rakes on the storm aswell?
Ive just ordered Brembo RCS19 and 16 for the Buell, would a similair set up work with the storm?
Say Aprilla or something similair?
Jonesey

Re: brake master cylinders

Post by Jonesey »

I've got both RCS masters on my storm, and the difference is night and day over standard.
well worth the money.
CJ.
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

It all depends on which calipers you are running. I am currently ruuning some Brembo (OEM Ducati; Monster 1100) radials on my VTR (brake is 19x16, clutch is 15x18) along with a set of Daytona 675 Nissin monoblock radial-mount calipers (4 x 32mm pistons; previously ran F4i calipers, 32/34mm pistons) and can attest to this set-up working very well and being fairly cheap and easy to buy...... I should add that previous tot he Brembos, I ran a Nissin 19x18 radial MC (from a 2006 ZX-6r) and it worked well too.
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

If you`re running stock caluipers on your Storm, IMO the best bet for a radial MC would one of the Brembo OEM units (16x18) used on various late-model Yamahas (which, btw, have the same piston sizes in their calipers, ie. 27/30mm)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express