Renntec Sport rack

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tattie

Renntec Sport rack

Post by tattie »

Anybody have any problems with the metal plate that the allen screws go through to fix to the subframe bracket. IE cracking of metal plate.
Both Eicht's rack and mine broke when we were down the lakes the week before last. We got them welded down there, but on the way back up my mates was cracked above the weld again. We are thinking of doing a mod to give the metal plate more support. All we had on them was a set of waterproofs.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Aye ! Mine cracked too but had it welded. Had three tents and a camp bed on it recently and its held so far ! :roll:
Oh yeah . . . . and an 18 stone old guy hangin onto it for fear of his life !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kevg

Post by kevg »

Any further progress on this Tattie, had a tent on mine to go to the Minehoff rally at the weekend, when i got there i noticed the rack was waggling a bit more than normal, on removing the seat i found that the rack had sheared completely and was only held on by the two side screws that go either side of the seat well, it had also started to crack the body work around the screw holes.
thinking of getting the vertical plate part welded back on, but wondering if you have come up with and extra supports, like Givi rack style add ons that go to the holes on the under side of the subframe.
cheerz

kev
tattie

Post by tattie »

Eicht (orange storm) is working on it just now, planning an alu block behind the broken bracket bit in the tail end with some spacers through the tail piece to eliminate the bounce.

I will give you a shout when we tweak it a bit

Cheers
A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!