Alternative throttle cable

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
spikenipple

Alternative throttle cable

Post by spikenipple »

Does anyone know if there are any longer throttle cables (specifically the 'pull' cable) available that will fit the 'storm?

With the SP1 front end I have on my bike, the cable has always been pulled very slightly when at full left lock, causing the bike to rev up. It's routed with the cable coming up from the housing, round the front of the r/h fork and under the yoke to the frame.
I have tried a few alternative positions but none of them are any better.

Cheers
MacV2

Re: Alternative throttle cable

Post by MacV2 »

spikenipple wrote:Does anyone know if there are any longer throttle cables (specifically the 'pull' cable) available that will fit the 'storm?

With the SP1 front end I have on my bike, the cable has always been pulled very slightly when at full left lock, causing the bike to rev up. It's routed with the cable coming up from the housing, round the front of the r/h fork and under the yoke to the frame.
I have tried a few alternative positions but none of them are any better.

Cheers
Try here they will make whatever you want...

http://www.venhill.co.uk/
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
seb421

Post by seb421 »

what i did was twist the throttle housing round that gave it enough slack with the 954 front
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
alexmac

Post by alexmac »

hi, have a look at my photo's. page 12 on,workshop. vtr swingarm & usd fork conversion.
am useing standard twistgrip houseing and cable's. with 929 blade bar's (gained about 50mm).

don't khow if you've already tryed this.? atb alexmac.
suburban guerrlla

Post by suburban guerrlla »

I have a venhill quick action throttle on mine. They supply all you need in the kit to make the cables - but it is not a simple task. Usually you solder the ends on but with stainless steel cables getting solder to stick can be really difficult. You pass the cable through the end hole, splay it a bit and are supposed to get it to stay apart with solder. I have given up doing this. Use superglue instead. It will do the job for a throttle cable.
spikenipple

Post by spikenipple »

Brittle superglue on a flexible throttle cable? 8O No thanks!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

i think the early blade one is a little longer but cant be sure
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

suburban guerrlla wrote:I have a venhill quick action throttle on mine. They supply all you need in the kit to make the cables - but it is not a simple task. Usually you solder the ends on but with stainless steel cables getting solder to stick can be really difficult. You pass the cable through the end hole, splay it a bit and are supposed to get it to stay apart with solder. I have given up doing this. Use superglue instead. It will do the job for a throttle cable.
you couldn't of used enough heat on the join .
i used to braze the ends on or make my own but cant be bothered these day when you can buy them ready and a a good price too
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

I recall reading somewhere the F4i cables were longer but can't promise it to be true.......
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Take your cables to a breaker- they'll have boxes of them.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.