Fuel filter in tank

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
spikenipple

Fuel filter in tank

Post by spikenipple »

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement in-tank fuel filter? I had my tank resprayed but it was dipped in a methoklone tank first. I couldn't get the buggering thing out so left it in there, but I've got it out now and it's pretty shagged. Do I need to replace it or shall I buy a pair of in-line fuel filters to go on the two tubes coming out of the fuel petcock?

VTRDark

Re: Fuel filter in tank

Post by VTRDark »

You can get them from Honda spares but I don't think they are cheap for what they are. You can put inline filters on but that does not prevent crap getting into the petcock and damaging the diaphragm. Has the filter got a big tear in it because it looks to me like it just needs a good clean.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
spikenipple

Post by spikenipple »

It's not torn, but it's gone brittle and the mesh is clogged up with shite. Methoklone isn't something that you can put plastic into and expect it to survive :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you can get them from david silvers, but they're a rip off at £30, i'd look into the inline filter route like carl said, i'd clean the original filter and put it back in, then sort out an inline jobby aswell... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

i'd look into the inline filter route like carl said
It wasn't me Spike brought that up himself. :wink:

The other option is to keep an eye on ebay for a fuel tap/diaphragm that has one it. £30 8O :eek2

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
spikenipple

Post by spikenipple »

Bahhhh I got it all back together and the o-ring is shagged. It's pissed fuel all over the bike and garage floor :evil:
Fortunately I only put a couple of litres in to test it. Now the fun job of finding somewhere locally that sells o-rings that will fit!
shaggy-doo

Post by shaggy-doo »

do you still need this if so i have one in my spare tank and will send it to you for a small donation to vtr1000.org :thumbup:
Regards ian