BUSTED....

General Bike chat
Girlie_Biker

Re: cheers

Post by Girlie_Biker »

stu9000 wrote:Thanks folks.
Hopefully itll be 3 points. If its 6 and a 200 quid fine Ill be PISSED off.
However I agree that going to court is always a risk. Some ol judge that thinks bikers are evil holding your licence in his hands is not a good idea.

One good bit of news.
I get my shiny red vroom vroom baby back just in time to go on holiday.
NOw,,, mustnt drop it and scratch all that shiny newly sprayed tank and faring.

Stu
I'm waiting to see if I get one from the M25 gantry cameras from my home trip from Donington.

First thing Stu - check the date of the offence - they have 17 days from the date of the flash to notify you - if they're outside I believe their goose is cooked.

If it is 6 & 200 you can always appeal it.

Have a good holiday - Oh and look out for cameras! :wink:
ZZ-RAWR!
VTR1000 Firestorm "the Animal"
ZZR600E "the Baby"
GPZ500s "the Brat"
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: cheers

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote:
stu9000 wrote:VTR girl, good idea, I might try to compose a poetic masterpiece. Ill pm it to you for feedback once I get back from Ireland.
No worries Stu. I spent 10 years as a legal secretary before I went into nursing, so the lingo is pretty much second nature (sad, I know...). Am also a Justice of the Peace. I reckon your clean record so far is your best defence. Just have to wait & see.
VTRgirl have you got no end of hidden talent's :?:

After that very good article on the VTR small fuel tank, I would have at the least had you down as a extremely good sales person at some time :wink:

Chris.
Ricky T Fence

Post by Ricky T Fence »

Bloody scameras everywhere these days!

Try this link, lots of related advice

http://pepipoo.com/NewForums2/index.php

They should be after cloned plates and stolen bikes, but then, were easy meat aren't we?
I'm not fat, just a nutritional overachiever.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Stu,
It all very much depends how far you're prepared to go

A couple of years ago I got a nip and requested the pic
How surprised was I to discover that it wasn't actually my car (6 obvious differences) but same reg as mine

So I phoned the issuing office and arranged to bring the car round for them to look at
Guy came down with pic, agreed it wasn't my car and said he'd get the ticket scrapped. No interrogation, no asking where I was at the time of the offence, nothing
I said "I expect I'll get pulled over a few times in the next months while you try to catch him?"
His reply "No, we won't even bother notifying traffic" I was flabbergasted

SOOO my suggestion
Find someone with the same bike, borrow their can and wheels (different tyre is a nice touch) and borrow someone elses kit.
Then do as I did

Ben
stu9000

pic

Post by stu9000 »

Ive requested the pic but I checked the location and ive got a feeling it was me on that day i had an arguement with the boss and absolutely hooned it home from work.

Cheers to the multi talented vtrgirl :wink:
red is the fastest colour;)
stu9000

FORTEEN DAYS!!!

Post by stu9000 »

Right,
had a look at the advice posted so far, also I asked for photographic evidence and its a rather nice pic of me riding home from work on a sunny day.

VTR Girls advice on writing a letter stressing no schools nearby, on a loan bike, clean licence etc. seems like a good idea.

HOWEVER the most interesting point seems the 14 day notice period.
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1988/Uk ... 3_en_2.htm

The offence was commited on 12 July.
I received a NIP letter dated 3 august.
22 days by my count.
Some of the links to say that the 14 days applies to the registered owner or first point of contact (the hire co) so I need to check when they were contacted to get my addess.

My question is,,, who do i talk to about this 14 day thing to get the NIP canceled? The police I suppose? If theyre a bit evasive what support can I get?
stu9000

14 days

Post by stu9000 »

Just rang the hire co.
They did get a letter within 14 days so thats that one gone.

SHe did say "some people ignore them and they go away" but that sounds like a high risk strategy.

Looks like ill have to try penning a poetic masterpiece to limit the damage.

S
Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Yes I know someone who has had three and just writes on the letter that the person no longer lives at this address and shoves them back in the letterbox. Unfortunately if you've already replied your goose is well and truly cooked mate. Unless you have lots of money to pay for a proper barrister that can get you off on a technicality.

Another thing to remember is that cameras are usually in places were people have died. Even if you don’t like the sodding things think about where it is, it is probably there for a reason.

It will not be long now before my license will be clean again. 6 points, 39 in a 30 and a 67 in a 50 in the space of a month. The most annoying part has been the three year wait. It makes you respect them more when you think you could lose it.
VTRgirl

Re: 14 days

Post by VTRgirl »

stu9000 wrote:Looks like ill have to try penning a poetic masterpiece to limit the damage.
Send me a draft before you post it. I'll make it look so schmick you won't believe you wrote it :wink: 8) .
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
RQ

Post by RQ »

Not sure how it works with regard to new legislation regarding cameras and declarations of guilt, but the essence of someone (police) accusing you of a crime is that the "Right to silence" is all about them proving you guilty without you having to admit guilt.
That is, the onus is on the accuser to prove guilt, and your right is not to assist them in the proof by remaining silent!
Might be worth taking the 3 points though, take another route when you have 9 and get caught on a 3 pointer!!
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

RQ wrote:That is, the onus is on the accuser to prove guilt, and your right is not to assist them in the proof by remaining silent!
You're right, RQ, however in this instance, the photo is their proof. No point staying silent anymore...
RQ

Post by RQ »

That kind of fooks that one all right girl!!!!

We are having a great debacle over here at the moment, where the speed trap guns that the rozzers use don't produce physical evidence (ie a printout) and therefore can't be brought to court to be challenged by the police. Any cases challenged are being thrown out of court with no conviction.
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Good one! We probably have similar radar guns over here, but you have every right to ask to see the readout on the screen before they write the ticket. I will say, though, that there are some nice coppers over here. Of course, you get your usuals :roll:, but often you can talk them down to a lesser offence if you tread carefully. Always amazes me these guys who get pulled over & start to abuse the plod! I mean, where the hell is that going to get you??? It's like patients who bug their nurses... Simply NOT in your best interests!

Have a friend who recently patrolled the best biking stretch known to mankind for a whole weekend. 80% of his tickets were given to cars :D . And one guy went home feeling particularly lucky after his fine was slightly reduced in order to save his licence!