Graduated speeding tickets

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
jollybod

Graduated speeding tickets

Post by jollybod »

In the Queen's Speech today, the new New Labour Govt is going to introduce a Bill in the HoP to relax the current system of speeding tickets.

Thus, if you're being unutterably irresponsible and doing 85mph on a motorway, at night, when England are playing Germany, you might get away with a smaller fine and fewer points than is currently the case if you end up in court.

All things like this are good news. Someone's listening.
Spacemonkey

Post by Spacemonkey »

No, this is merely so that you can contribute more into the presedential coffers before they ban you and free up some more congestion figures.
When has this regime ever listened to the masses?
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over...."
jollybod

Post by jollybod »

Fair enough! Yeah, it is always open to interpretation...it's a bit off the point but MCN reckon that they got the ear of a few politicians over the election with their candidate and at least began to make a few of them realise that those on two wheels deserve a voice, and might actually be a way to sort out the congestion that seems to have hit every city in the UK.

It's merely a thought, but as a percentage I'm absolutely convinced that bikers have a higher rate of compliance when it comes to taxing & insuring our machines than our four wheeled brethren.
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

I'll go along with that.
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

So will i especially after i taxed mine yesterday woohoo at least now when i do get a tug for speeding they cant say it wasnt taxed too :lol:
The voices made me do it
chris56

Caught

Post by chris56 »

What am i going too Get 48 in a 30 Yes A PRATT i am ! Watch this space !! :cry:
STAGE 2 Moriwaki Storm Moriwaki Engine Rebuild Pistons Cams Valves etc Moriwaki Air intakes.Air Filter Mod
Full SAMCO race hoses; Lightened Fly Wheel Dynojetted; KN Filter; Moriwaki Exhaust Moriwaki Carbon Belly Pan Titaniam Nuts & Bolt WP R Shock
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

sparky750 wrote:So will i especially after i taxed mine yesterday woohoo at least now when i do get a tug for speeding they cant say it wasnt taxed too :lol:
"Taxed"?
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Girlie_Biker

Re: Caught

Post by Girlie_Biker »

chris56 wrote:What am i going too Get 48 in a 30 Yes A PRATT i am ! Watch this space !! :cry:
I got a tug for 46 in a 30 by a pedestrian crossing, just before a speed a camera..... and got off scot free :D

He then told me off for having a slack chain and asked where my tax disc was (it had been nicked 6 months before and I had only gotten round to sending off for my replacement that same day) and he believed me! He was a very nice man :wink:

I agree with Jollybod - I think overall bikers are most responsible when it comes to Tax and Insurance. Having three bikes makes remembering all the dates a pain but I wouldn't ride without either of them. (even if I do speed) :oops:
ZZ-RAWR!
VTR1000 Firestorm "the Animal"
ZZR600E "the Baby"
GPZ500s "the Brat"