Donnington Park - 20th August

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Miztaziggy

Donnington Park - 20th August

Post by Miztaziggy »

I am going to book another track day this week and wondered if anyone on here would like to join in?

I know a few of you have thought about track days but not done them, and my advice is to just forget about the reasons that have been putting you off, and just do it. After my first one last week, my first thought is 'what a waste of time' - what a waste of the last 7 years putting off doing a track day for various reasons, like I might crash my bike, or I might not like it, or I would be too slow. I wish I had started sooner and not waited till I was 30 to do it.

Noisy day at Donnington Park - Tuesday 20th August
http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/index. ... 013-detail

Ill be booking into the novice group again. My brother will be coming along on his ZX6. We will have a trailer by then so will be getting down there in the car and probably taking a gazebo and BBQ to make a day of it. Even if you're not going to ride, but live close by, then come along if you like and have some BBQ food :)
Ckennedy

Re: Donnington Park - 20th August

Post by Ckennedy »

I would love to. But at that price it is a little out of my reach and this moment in time :( Hopefully in the neat future of if you get one on a Sun or Mon then I may be able to. Have a set of zip together leathers now :thumbup: Does it matter about the type of boots you wear? I currently have a decent pair of army boots, yes OK I may look a twonk in army boots with race style leather but hey, there comfy.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Not sure about boots, check the info on no limits website. I dont think they are acceptable though, however when we went they dont check anyway. They didnt check anything, leathers, helmets, boots etc, so you may get away with it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I do plan to get some proper race style boots but I have other things to be spending hard earned money on at the moment, rear shock and seat to begin with. What time does will you be there till?

Edit: I have just checked there website for clothing and they only say motorcycle boots. I have seen my style boot for sale in a few motorbike shops so don't know if they would pass. Full leather and very well stitched. Do not see why they would not provide suitable protection if the worst was to happen.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I think we will be there from 7am till about 5pm with lunch between 1pm and 2pm but not on track till 2.40 so plenty of time for a BBQ :)

Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Doh! I won't finish work till 5 and thats if were quiet :lol:
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

you can still use our trailer if you havent found one ,, fits 2 bikes on , have you got your tow bar sorted?
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

partygirl wrote:you can still use our trailer if you havent found one ,, fits 2 bikes on , have you got your tow bar sorted?
Yeah having one fitted on Friday :)

Thanks for the offer Helen, ill give you a shout if needed :) All being well I'll be picking new trailer up on Saturday.

Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

No takers for this one? Obviously it's pretty short notice for a week day if you have only just seen this, but my brother and I are booked into novice group if anyone's interested in coming along to ride.

If you're in the area, then pop along and have some lunch / drinks, we are taking the gazebo and BBQ along.
almightytomo

Post by almightytomo »

Just had a look at the forecast and it looks like being a good day.

Are you still going? If so what time you going to be there from and till? Have read your posts about the track days with great interest. :D
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Yes I am hoping it will stay dry. It should do according to the forecast.

I am still going yes. Just waiting for my forks to come back this evening, then refitting them and ready to roll :) If for some reason they don't get done, I am still going but will be sharing my brother's bike.

Ill be there at about 7.30am and last session is 4.40pm finishing at 5pm. I can't wait for this one. Been wanting to do Donington for a while. Can't wait to see how it compares to Cadwell.

Are you coming along to ride?
almightytomo

Post by almightytomo »

Not doing the track day, but interested enough to come along and have a look.

Will come down on the bike and have a nosey around! :lol:

See you there.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Ok cool, see you there.

I am not sure of the set up at Donington but I think there's a pit lane and garages so you will probably find us down there somewhere. We will be on track between 20 to the hour for 20 minutes, starting 9.40am, 10.40 am etc...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

have a good day ziggy...........hope it is worth all the stress with fixing the oil seal, and the tyre fix holds up
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

AMCQ46 wrote:have a good day ziggy...........hope it is worth all the stress with fixing the oil seal, and the tyre fix holds up
Thanks mate, yeah I do too :)

I am 99% sure the tyre will hold up. I am going to buy a digital pressure gauge and check them after every session. If it starts to go down, ill just get a pair of new tyres from the tyre van. I might end up needing a new front tomorrow anyway as it is.

The bloody fork seal better be worth it though, I took it to a place in Shipley this morning, got there for 8.15am and no one was there. Waited around until 8.45 when they showed up only to be told they couldn't get the fork seals and couldn't spare anyone to go out and get some, even though I would pay for their time. So I had to arrange a instant response courier (cost just over £60) to collect some fork seals (£10 cost) from Doncaster and deliver to Shipley before noon. What a major pain in the b8stard butt. Ill definitely be more careful going over the mountain at Cadwell in future.