General Bike chat
keepy

Re: Advise for Tackling VTR Riding Noise

Post by keepy »

thats great cheers bazza I'll check it out
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the guys are right, your screen is a powerbronze double bubble item, i'm using the same screen on my second bike, i still have the flip screen and i intend to put it on my spondon bike, i think its the best at wind deflection.
the only screen i haven't tried is a fabbri d/b, the bubble is more pronounced, which should make it better. if your interested in trying one, i believe theres one for sal amongst benny's items... :thumbup:
i've also used a neoprene wind cheater thingy and i like it, if your careful of how you put/take your lid on and off it ain't a problem, i also wear glasses and it didn't effect them steaming up, but the bottom line is to get some good earplugs..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

agentpineapple wrote:the guys are right, your screen is a powerbronze double bubble item, i'm using the same screen on my second bike, i still have the flip screen and i intend to put it on my spondon bike, i think its the best at wind deflection.
the only screen i haven't tried is a fabbri d/b, the bubble is more pronounced, which should make it better. if your interested in trying one, i believe theres one for sal amongst benny's items... :thumbup:
i've also used a neoprene wind cheater thingy and i like it, if your careful of how you put/take your lid on and off it ain't a problem, i also wear glasses and it didn't effect them steaming up, but the bottom line is to get some good earplugs..... :thumbup:
I have a fabbri d/b screen on mine and still doesn't stop me getting battered, but I am 6ft tall, may suit a someone shorter.
keepy

Post by keepy »

That's great cheers guys, I'll take a look through the classifieds now
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

I got a roof helmet. its the quietest lid I have ever had
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

With flip screen - After a test ride it was the first thing I did when I bought it. I'm not especially tall (5' 10") but the original screen just deflected the wind onto my chest / helmet - and with the flip screen I only need to slightly crouch for sustained & comfy high speed touring.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

keepy wrote:I’ve had my Firestorm a good few years now, but haven’t ridden it so regularly (daily) as I have the past few weeks. Which is starting to affect my hearing pretty bad.

I’m looking to reduce the ‘noise’ and obviously looking at the screen, helmet and exhaust as a main areas for improvement.
Questions are..

1) Screen.. is this the standard screen (see link below)? Thinking that swapping it out for one suitable for a 5’8.5” short rider :D

2) Exhaust – I’ve got the Scorpion can on, with no baffles. Presumably inserting these back in will help with bike noise? Will I have to retro jet the carbs?

3) Helmet.. currently rocking a 6 year old Arai Condor, which I’m looking at replacing for a Shoei Qwest

I have it listed at present, but if I can sort my noise issues I certainly wont be selling! :D (link is for screen image reference only not meant as a plug, as I'm at work and cant get access to my image store!)

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... to-content

I do already wear 39snr rated earplugs (E.A.R. FX), and try to keep the stage volume down to a minimum in the rock band I play in.. now it’s the bikes turn to lower the volume..
Roof Helmet and Ear FX earplugs, or I have a pair of in-ear headphones with Comply tips for long journeys....
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================