Today I did do

General Biker Banter
pinkyfloyd

Today I did do

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I spent the morning at a motorcycle training school learning the ropes to become a motorcycle instructor. Hopefully soon you'll see the pink one tearing around Hampshire swearing at 16 year old chavs on scooters and 125cc riders doing their CBT.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
MacV2

Re: Today I did do

Post by MacV2 »

I am sooo glad I did mine when the examiner still stepped out from behind a parked car for the Em stop...

Good luck with that Pinky hope it works out for you. :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

I saw your post yeah on Fb so good luck with that. My Dave is a fully qualified ADI driving Instructor and he thought about it some time ago, but as of yet, still in the 'thought' mode lol ...Seriously good luck!
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Well its early days yet and the instructor and boss have had a chat and tomorrow I'm being thrown to the wolves. Currently I am being trained as a downtrained CBT instructor. They told me today they would be breaking me in gently and I'll lead the odd section here and there until I can string a full CBT together. The boss will then assess me and if I meet DSA standards for becoming an instructor he'll send away for a warrant card for me, that means I'll be able to take people for a CBT with the company I am with.

Well as said. Thrown to the wolves tomorrow. I was emailed and told that the instructor will give the introduction speech. I'll be doing the clothing speech. I get to rabbit on for a while about the importance of Helmet, gloves, boots, jacket and trousers and why we "should" wear them at all times.

Should be easy enough but knowing me nerves will kick in and I'll fall over words and make an butt of myself.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Just show them your scars....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Good luck pinky, you will be great :thumbup:
AMcQ
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Just an update for you all.

/yesterday was supposed to be a CBT requalification, Someone renewing their CBT so a nice easy day. Pinky gets into the yard, Boss and Mrs boss are waiting for me. A few minutes later Mike arrived, Mike is the DAS instructor that took me through my test 3 years beforehand and contacted me about becoming an instructor. Boss and Mrs Boss told me to get on with it then.... No student I said only to be told that Mike was my student for today as the Requal cancelled. Oh sh1t!

Mrs boss played the part of the assessor and Mike was student from hell. I was given a few set things to go through, not a full CBT as they had seen me do that a few times but they made me do certain aspects of the day both talking and practical yard riding work. Then a short ride out and about.

Got back to the yard. Debriefed Mike and said he would pass his CBT from what I saw, then was given a full debrief on every aspect I went through today. I need some work still in some areas, its all there but needs polishing up in my classroom parts. Happy with my yard work but again a few areas need a little tidying up. Road ride, which is the hardest part. I was given some really good advice but for the most part the "mistakes" mike was making I did pull him about quick enough and even pulled him to the side of the road for a bollocking when he crossed lanes on a roundabout which pleased the boss. Mike made some of the worst mistakes, not dangerous ones, but some of the basic ones I had to spot fast and sort out. Lots of them!

Tea break time, I went and made a cup of tea for the crew, as is my job as a trainee, Mike pisses off and returns throwing a box of tea bags at me saying my obs are terrible! I opened the box and inside was a yellow card with my ugly mug staring back at me. (well I didnt look in the box when I grabbed the tea bags for the cuppa. I was too busy cursing about the terrible day I had with the pupil from hell)

On the back:

Seems that although I still need work in some areas, I have done enough to satisfy them that I can do this bike training stuff. All the parts I need work on are stuff that will sort itself out in time.

Pinky is a happy chappy.
simo

Post by simo »

MacV2 wrote:I am sooo glad I did mine when the examiner still stepped out from behind a parked car for the Em stop...

Good luck with that Pinky hope it works out for you. :thumbup:
+1 ...... One Test is enough without having to take a few to be able to ride a big bike.
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well done Pinky :clap: :clap: You have the control now to who's allowed on our roads. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:Well done Pinky :clap: :clap: You have the control now to who's allowed on our roads. :lol:

(:-})
Oh good gawd !

I'm giving up... :lol: :lol:

Well done Pinky. :clap:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

well done buddy, just don't shout at me if we ever ride together...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
p.s that mike sounds like a character... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Good one. well pleased for you- biking needs people getting new blood in, otherwise in a few years when we're all gone who's gonna be out there burning up the last remaining drops of petrol?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.