Benny's Funeral

General Biker Banter
adyf

Re: Benny's Funeral

Post by adyf »

I've done this before seb and if you want to change into black clothes when you get there that is very respectful but when I carried my best mate I wore my leathers with pride and his family liked it afterall that's how everybody always saw me,I will be wearing my leathers mate just like the last time I saw Benny.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I cannot see me making this. I have work in the evening and its a 4hr ride to get there for me. I will be there in spirit though.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I am trying to organise the time off for this one, I want to send Benny off with as many friends around him as possible.

Will know if I can come beginning of next week, and I will arrange with you Tony when I know to meet up for the ride to Kev's.

I will probably not be bringing the Storm, more likely to be the Fazer.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote:I'll take that role, gladly, if that's ok with everyone?
Happy to give the place to someone else, though.

I'll need to check that I can take the day off, and if ok (should be) will come up Thursday evening. EDIT* checked, and day off Fri is ok, I'll come up Thurs evening.
Good man Tony, and well done Agent Pineapple for letting Tony have your bike :clap: :clap:

Chris.
BennysSister

Post by BennysSister »

Hi All
Thanks Banksy for posting the info re: Benny/Martin's funeral. Just to add in from the family that you will all be very welcome. You're also welcome to wear your leathers and don't worry about getting changed, whatever you're comfortable with is OK with us. We're having to fight the temptation to send him off in his Captain America outfit :wink:
Please try to keep us posted about numbers likely to be joining us for all/some of the day so we know how many butties to lay on!
I know loads of you have been chipping in for a wreath/funeral expenses and we're really, really touched. If anyone was considering flowers as well/instead (bearing in mind Martin's terrible hayfever...) you could consider a donation to North West Air Ambulance in his name instead - but please don't feel obliged as you've all done so much already and we really appreciate it.
Looking forward to meeting you at the ride out or on the big day.
Dianne (Benny's little sis) x
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I spoke to Cheeky Kev today, and he's not been too well while on his hols, but he wants to step up as a pallbearer.
I'm happy to donate my place if needed.

Kev, hopefully Bazza and I can kip over Thursday night- I'll need to head back on Friday so that I'm home for heading off on Sat morning, and I'll need to drop AP's bike on the way, and pick my car up so will not be able to hangi around too long into the evening after the funeral.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Update to funeral arrangements as posted by Dad on NWBikers

Everyone the family have requested that we meet at Martins house the morning of the funeral for 8.45 leaving behind the cars at 9am.

Please no overtaking this is a steady ride in procession as a mark of respect. There will be no need to stop traffic at junctions as this could be dangerous and we do t want to see any incidents. There will be no speed involved so keeping up will not be an issue.

I will speak with Rob J about warning the local plc about the funeral procession just in case there's any issues.

Please make every effort to be there in plenty of time and thank you all for your support.

The address:

16 Gilderdale Close
Risley
Warrington
England
WA3 6TH
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Just seen the post on NWB hoping work will give me thursday night off as its an early start seeing as they wont give me friday.

Otherwise i will be to tired to ride and be safe, they best had give it me off told them i need it for a funeral and not to go out on the piss or fiddler my day away like most of the idiots but they didn't care
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

I.m going to be away in warmer climes but I will raise a glass in his memory. :beer:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I will be there, just booked friday off work and accepted Kevs offer of accoadation on thursaday night
AMcQ
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

I'll be going down to the funeral on Friday. Fortunately my boss is on holiday so I've been having whatever time off I want
BennysSister

Post by BennysSister »

Benny's mum says come hungry as she's ordered in a huge pile of butties/pies etc and you'd better eat them all (or bring a doggy bag!)
Looking forward (in spite of the overwhelming sadness) to a fitting send off for my big brother...
Dianne x
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I have sorted it with work so I shall be there. Do we have to Pall bearers yet?

Wondering whether to come up Thursday night to save the really early start Friday :think: :think:

I am wondering about a ride out after the funeral, just a steady one. No idea where to or how far for but if anyone would like to join in, kind of a memorial ride, you are welcome. Depending on time of course.
Tekram La

Post by Tekram La »

Wondering whether to come up Thursday night to save the really early start Friday :think: :think:

I am wondering about a ride out after the funeral, just a steady one. No idea where to or how far for but if anyone would like to join in, kind of a memorial ride, you are welcome. Depending on time of course.[/quote]

Alright Chris, sorry mate can't make a ride out, got to get back to work for the afternoon :( Not at home on the Thurs night either, otherwise would have offered you a bunk.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Not to worry. I'll be there even if I have to get an early start. Don't intend on missing it.