Speedo sensor type

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Kev L

Re: Speedo sensor type

Post by Kev L »

Grease it well when you install it, you may want to consider drilling the new one and fitting grease nipples, oooh err, although I'm not convinced they do that much good!
Make the linkages a part of your maintenance regime and you should be all good.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You've obviously not been paying attention in The Workshop Knowledge base :wink: although for some reason right now the photo is not showing:-
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=11809

Chris.
Motopsychojdn

Post by Motopsychojdn »

Seeing as I only received the bike on saturday I think I am exempt from any admonishment regarding lack of care/maintenance on the beastie :)
I'm only responsible for it now and yes, cleaning/checking and greasing is on a three day routine,
day to day its a quick wipe and the usual pre-ride checks, pretty much like sex hehe :P
Moto
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Motopsychojdn wrote:Seeing as I only received the bike on saturday I think I am exempt from any admonishment regarding lack of care/maintenance on the beastie :)
I'm only responsible for it now and yes, cleaning/checking and greasing is on a three day routine,
day to day its a quick wipe and the usual pre-ride checks, pretty much like sex hehe :P
Moto
:lol: I think we can let you off that one, a good job you took that photo before any thing nasty went wrong,

Chris.
Motopsychojdn

Post by Motopsychojdn »

Yup, shock disintegrating is a 99.9% chance of a ticket to wombles TN lol, Payday friday so I'll be grabbing the bits I still need and then its going to the local shop for the work, had a pop at it in my mates garage with a block and tackle but no shifting the linkage pin even with heat, so the magic pixies in the shop can do whatever needs doing, I was a bit fragile in the head at the time and didn't want to Tw@ my frame up lol
Moto
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

If they know their stuff, I'm sure they'll sort it out for you. Then it'll be as good as new,

Chris.