Pilot jet tool

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
darkember

Pilot jet tool

Post by darkember »

Just saw this it looks ideal for the job but the price is ridiculous. Just was wondering if anybody on the forum with access to a lathe could replicate it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Tool ... 2ec8d42a39
lloydie

Re: Pilot jet tool

Post by lloydie »

That's for the mixture screw lol
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's for the mixture screw lol
My thoughts exactly :lol:

That's the same tool I use, ordered direct from motion pro and had sent to my mate while on holiday in Florida. The front fuel mixture screw is a piece of piss but the rear is still a little fiddly as the carb heater hose that links the two carbs gets in the way.

Not easy for someone to replicate as it's precision engineering including a little ball bearing in the handle so it clicks every 1/16 of a turn when handle is turned. It's also geared so one complete turn on the handle is one complete turn on the fuel screw.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Smokinjoe73

Post by Smokinjoe73 »

I use the motionpro tool. $23 and works well but of course you need to take out the carbs at some point to slot the fuel screws (here in the US anyway)
Givi wingrack,CBR600 dash,CBR1000 forks, corbin, mario nava carbon fairing, 2bro carbon cans, vista cruise, GSXR mirrors.