Top Gear

General Biker Banter
bob the builder

Top Gear

Post by bob the builder »

Top Gear on Sunday. Big J says here we are enjoying the roads 40 miles outside London in the Home Counties in the new Ferrari. OK, off he goes giving it plenty, wheelspin here wheelspin there, big revs..........you know the usual stuff.

I sit and watch in mild amusement as the location is actually my back door step, and to compound it all I actually saw Big J and his team in the Moulin Inn on the day they were filming with the new Ferrari at the door. Indeed J looked a bit pissed off as the weather (as you can see in the film) was shite.

Moulin Inn you ask? Yep, its the wee village on the edge of Pitlochry on the road to Braemar. Around 500 miles from London.

Watching the film again on the iPlayer and I spot several shots on the road to Glensheil along the road to Skye at Clunie, even further from London.

Can anyone explain why you would say you were testing the car on some the best (empty) roads near London but be 500 miles away in Scotland??

:? :?
VTRDark

Re: Top Gear

Post by VTRDark »

To put you off the scent. :lol: Or probably because the majority can visualise where London is, but you say Perth and most people will go "where" :roll: Don't forget the programme is watched worldwide.

It's typical TV it's all made up for entertainment purposes only. Even the News programmes are full of shite and will bend the truth if they feel it will get viewers or get people talking. Hype it up a bit and direct it in the direction they want it to go in. The same with newspapers :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
playerone

Post by playerone »

watched it tonight and thought I heard a bit about only being 50 miles outside London, thought yeah right, either in Wales or Scotland with that scenery!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I thought the same thing, I was going to ask kev where the hell that was, being a resident of said county.... :lol:
the one thing top gear isn't and that's factual...... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

It was in answer to a "letter from a viewer" in which the said viewer stated the cars TG tested were impractical and couldn't be used. Clarkson then tried to show that the home counties have wonderful clear varied roads, which we all know is bollox. So they utilised the roads of Scotland. Basically TG being Richard to wind up middle England.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Anyone for Tennis. :lol: :lol:

Virt

Post by Virt »

Kev L wrote:Basically TG being Richard
Don't be silly, that would never happen :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
bob the builder

Post by bob the builder »

Used to quite enjoy Top Gear, but its pretty shitty now tbh.

:thumbdown:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It run it's course hasn't it. It's been on for so many years now and it's the same old format. Clarkson is still a knob and the Hamster and May are the only interesting things left.

Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I have to say that I find Hammond more annoying than Clarkson, who is at least very tongue in cheek about most of the things he does.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

I read in Ride last week that they put a Firestorm engine in a lawn mower to make the fastest lawn mower in the world, or something! They tried a CBR900 type but was too wide so went for the 'storm engine. Should be good! (Hasn't been on has it!? I've missed a couple of shows). Griff.
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
Virt

Post by Virt »

Hasn't been on yet, you haven't missed anything :thumbup: :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

as long as you approach it as an entertainment programme its still a fun hour on an otherwise boring sunday evening. the format has become stale and if i'm honest my fav episodes are when they have the big challenges abroad, i still chuckle about clarkson falling of his scooter.... :lol:
thats probably the last time top gear wasn't a set up.....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

agentpineapple wrote:i still chuckle about clarkson falling of his scooter.... :lol:
I don't recall this in the slightest. Was it the vietnam special or whatever? :lol: Might have to re-watch it, if that's the case. I still think using a colander as a helmet, in the rain, was brilliant :clap:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Virt wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:i still chuckle about clarkson falling of his scooter.... :lol:
I don't recall this in the slightest. Was it the vietnam special or whatever? :lol: Might have to re-watch it, if that's the case. I still think using a colander as a helmet, in the rain, was brilliant :clap:
re watch it mate, he's really upset because he ruins his new made to measure suit in the process.
unless they start to change the format, the show with eventually end, out of the 3 presenters i wonder who will jump ship first, probably hammond i would have thought..... :think:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!