My laugh for the day

General Biker Banter
8541Hawk

My laugh for the day

Post by 8541Hawk »

As you know I left the "other" forum under not so pleasant circumstances.

So yeah I have been lurking on that site to answer PMs and let people know where I went.

While I have though it is actually funny (or sad) that since I left the place has been pretty much a s "for sale" forum as that is about all that gets posted.

The other thing I find entertaining is that when I tried to get contact info from folks as I had been on there for years (hell I was getting close to 6K posts) I was told I was being childish and my thread was locked instantly and most folks didn't even know I left.

Then when someone asked about me yesterday....once again the tread was locked right away....what are they afraid of??

I would even comment there but it would be deleted or edited.... one of the reasons I won't post there..... I won't stand for censorship or a hypocrite as a mod.

Sorry for the rant but I will say it is nice to be able to speak my mind and know my post will still be here tonight when I check back in.
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Virt

Re: My laugh for the day

Post by Virt »

Quick quick someone delete it before he gets back :lol:

At least you're always welcome here :thumbup: More knowledgeable posts are always good for the scrubs like me :D
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Some people take themselves much too seriously mate. Give it time and a change of 'management' and i'm sure you will be welcomed back, in the meantime enjoy taking the piss out of the Brit's as indeed is Mr Obama!!! Jeffrey Osbourne! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

i never new that ?
probably a bit of what kev alluded to ?

what did you really do ??
:biggrin :confused
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8541Hawk wrote:
and know my post will still be here tonight when I check back in.
We can probably guarantee that if it's with in our powers, but we can't guarantee much more :lol:

Chris.
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

8541Hawk wrote:As you know I left the "other" forum under not so pleasant circumstances.

So yeah I have been lurking on that site to answer PMs and let people know where I went.

While I have though it is actually funny (or sad) that since I left the place has been pretty much a s "for sale" forum as that is about all that gets posted.

The other thing I find entertaining is that when I tried to get contact info from folks as I had been on there for years (hell I was getting close to 6K posts) I was told I was being childish and my thread was locked instantly and most folks didn't even know I left.

Then when someone asked about me yesterday....once again the tread was locked right away....what are they afraid of??

I would even comment there but it would be deleted or edited.... one of the reasons I won't post there..... I won't stand for censorship or a hypocrite as a mod.

Sorry for the rant but I will say it is nice to be able to speak my mind and know my post will still be here tonight when I check back in.
Always three sides to every story.. you have made one known,,,,, and I'll not muddy the waters with a second version.
But I will say, you are, and have been welcome at "that other site" You were never banned, censored, or asked to leave.... That was your choice.

If you would like to discuss a post or thread that was moderated, feel free to PM me.. I just checked,, nothing I can find seems to have been done as you stated (censored or had YOUR posts, thread removed, because of an opinion, standing, or position taken),, so I can only assume it is just a confusion or misunderstanding.

Ride well, ride often... It's all good. :Beer1:
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Then when someone asked about me yesterday....once again the thread was locked right away.
Oh really :eh: :confused I saw that thread yesteday. I haven't been over there today yet ........:think: that would be yesterday now at this time :roll: Jeez it that the time. OK short answer as I have other todays posts (yesterdays, it feels like today still :lol: :lol:) to trawl through before sleep.

All I shall say is their loss is our gain :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MGoBlue

Post by MGoBlue »

8541Hawk wrote:what are they afraid of??
Ain't afraid of anything Mike. Your personal rants (against me)were edited out of a thread where they had no place and you chose not to reply to any of my PM's???
Why post this stuff over on another forum?

What do you stand to gain trying to make others look bad?
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

MGoBlue wrote:
8541Hawk wrote:what are they afraid of??
Ain't afraid of anything Mike. Your personal rants (against me)were edited out of a thread where they had no place and you chose not to reply to any of my PM's???
Why post this stuff over on another forum?

What do you stand to gain trying to make others look bad?
Well as all of you guys have followed me and want to air dirty laundry...what the hell....

Yeah I left that other forum because of you.

My comment about what are they afraid of is in reference to first being told I was just being a drama queen when I tried to get contact info from my friends and that thread was locked...
Yes that is why I still lurk, trying to get a few PMs answered as a lot of folks didn't see my request due to it dropping off because you guys locked it

So yeah I did see someone asked what happened to me and that thread was locked also? Why, what is the issue with people knowing where I went?

So back to why I left...it is quiet simple, I asked for pics of a part for sale and when it was listed as pending to someone else, I asked if it was sold to another person, if so let me know if it falls through.

Then you show up with a rant about how asking for a pic isn't calling dibs and a whole long list, like I've never bought anything on the forum before.....

So then you say my personal rants were edited.... yeah first I asked why a mod was even posting as there was no issues, just a member asking about the status of a part.

Then I pointed out that you could ream out a member a year ago for selling an exhaust system when your friend asked for pics of it.
You got so bad that even with the other problem we had, I had to step up and say something...in fact pointing out to you the exact same things you had to say to me...well except I wasn't being rude....
Of course your reply was for me to mind my own business....

So aren't you being a hypocrite for giving me a hard time?

So yeah you then edited my post....so now I'm also being censored...... Sorry neither will fly with me.

The whole do as I say and not as I do is a pet peeve of mine and I have had enough....

So sorry if you guys feel hurt because I think it's funny that you lock threads.......

Also sorry guys.... I promise I'm done with this non-sense.

and yeah I shouldn't have posted this thread. :Ball Kick:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
MGoBlue

Post by MGoBlue »

8541Hawk wrote:Then I pointed out that you could ream out a member a year ago for selling an exhaust system when your friend asked for pics of it.
http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/cl ... ons-28815/

Show me where I reamed out said member? Please.
What is missing from that thread is where you went off on a personal rant against me, which I removed. Only your personal attack.

And I surely don't feel hurt. :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Gents can we leave the squabbles over on the other forum?
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Gents can we leave the squabbles over on the other forum?
+100 !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

AMCQ46 wrote:Gents can we leave the squabbles over on the other forum?
Cheers AMCQ46

Iv just logged in and saw this.

As has been said this forum is not the place to carry on a squabble from elsewhere.
I would rather it was kept where it started.

See this forum as a fresh start and let sleeping dogs lie and all that jazz :thumbup:

As Derek Batey used to say:

Be nice to each other!
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm not happy for this to turn into a slanging match either. If you must continue this pleased do it elsewhere,

Chris.
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

sirch345 wrote:I'm not happy for this to turn into a slanging match either. If you must continue this pleased do it elsewhere,

Chris.
Fair enough :thumbup:

I was only responding to your new members posts (I didn't follow him here as stated, I registered here May 2012, seems Mike showed up after I did :eek2 )

But you have an excellent point.. I'll ignore the jabs here about the other place, and just continue reading the posts like I have done for some time now (well before I ever registered.. in fact found this site before I found the other one :thumbup: .

My apologies to the membership here, for responding to the taunts.... I know better.

Cheers.
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training