Crash Mushrooms

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Spitfire

Crash Mushrooms

Post by Spitfire »

Anyone got any experience with these? Was thinking of buying a set from Busters, they list two types 'TES' and 'Lucas'. Anyone fitted either type? If not what do u recomend?

Some people seem to be against these things alltogether, because of transferring crash impact to the frame/engine, but I'm going touring and would like the peace of mind rather than be stuck in Slovenia with a damaged bike following a low speed drop or the bike being kicked over....

Thanks for all comments.
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Ive got the R&G ones on mine. Theyve paid for them selves a couple of times over!

These replace the front engine mounting bolt. Whether or not that is a good thing has been and will continue as a point of disagreement depending on your point of view.

Theres a thread he some where on it.

Cheers
Wayne
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

I have harris crash sliders fitted , & they seem ok, but thankfully i havent
had to find out how effective they would be in an off :wink:
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

The pic is of one of the Rhencullen type crash bungs.
The bike went down the road at about 30mph after being hit on a roundabout apparently (Ian 'lucky' Sheen)
The mounting bracket bent a bit and has put a slight gouge on the inside of the frame spar but no other frame damage and apparently did a good job of protecting the radiator and fairing

Ben

Spitfire

Mushrooms

Post by Spitfire »

Thanks for the comments..was put off the Rhencullen ones because they wanted 11 pounds for P&P - ridiculous.

ART do some which are reasonably priced, but I'm not too sure about the strength of the brackets, look a bit dodgy.

TBH I don't know what to go for, all I know is I don't want to hack the fairing.
jooshead

Post by jooshead »

I know I show this horror story alot but I'm a total believer in crash protection!! This bike will be track daying again this summer.

This is a kit from http://www.bikejohnny.com, it saved this bike from the breakers. It is combined R&G and Creations kit. Here is their VTR stuff:

VTR Goodies

hmmmmmmmnn cubes & carbs...
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

mcn this week has the low down on various crash bungs etc,
i myself have harris sliders fitted & dont ever want to find out how good they are. :wink:
Dodger

Crash sliders

Post by Dodger »

Hiya men, i've got the Motrax crash bungs and ive tested them twice. Once when i was daft enough to let the missus have a sit on and she toppled over, the other was a couple of weeks ago when i pulled out of my service road still slightly on the lean, gassed it a little too much and hey presto round came the back end, shut throttle off cause i s--t myself and as i stepped of the bike as i couldn't quite manage to keep her vertical down she went. All at about 15mph. Did i feel a Richard or what!!
A couple of sratches on the can is all she sustained, no damage to the fairing at all. Not bad for 70 squid.