Nodding to other bikers

General Biker Banter
Virt

Re: Nodding to other bikers

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:That is very true but not in matching leather. It looks very strange when someone in a suit is riding a sports bike. :lol:

(:-})
Looks bloody strange regardless of what you ride, if you ask me! :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

fabiostar wrote:
maybe its just the DUDES in this country that dont wave back....125s ,scooters the whole lot i always nod...the riders on tiddlers are tomorrows superbike riders..encourage as many new riders as possible.
The problem with the tiddlers on scooters is often as soon as they can they get into a car, their only on scooters till they can afford to get into a car, well thats my experience anyway, its usually the ones on the little 125 motorcycles that are the keen bike riders.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cybercarl wrote:You guys have made be re-consider my attitude to scooter riders you bring up some very good points. I shall now make more of an effort to include them more.
:thumbup:
AMcQ
Motopsychojdn

Post by Motopsychojdn »

I nod to most riders, even the Oldschool Mods on scooters, because in my eyes although they are the old 'Enemy' of bikers, hells teeth they have done their time and so I think they deserve my respect,
Only ones who I facepalm at are idiots in t-shirts trainers etc and the roadwasps,
Service vehicles always get a nod too, just in case hehe
Moto
Motopsychojdn

Post by Motopsychojdn »

Virt wrote:
cybercarl wrote:That is very true but not in matching leather. It looks very strange when someone in a suit is riding a sports bike. :lol:

Looks bloody strange regardless of what you ride, if you ask me! :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505
Only Hitmen wear suits and ride bikes :P
Moto
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Never heard the phrases power rangers suit or once piece romper suit?.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

My guess would be that from the front the Tiger looks a bit like a BMW cruiser type bike, and a lot of folk that ride those sorts of bikes just don't nod. I always assume that they are mostly made of the 'I have an IAM badge, therefore I am better than you' crowd. crouton it though, I usually nod at them anyway, and any learner on a geared bike too, and even some scooters if they nod first. Though I always have thought that there is a difference between the scooter riders and 125 geared riders. The scooter riders mostly ride scooters because they're 16, cant get a car and need to get to work. If they are riding a 125 geared bike, chances are they actually enjoy biking and will carry on and at some point pass their test and get something bigger.
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Gr8te if you get an acknowledgement... but tbh .. I am often too busy
looking at all t'other rich tapestries of biking hazards that prevail
us all on our highways... :Bike: :wtf:

never get nods of hardley davisson riders... or the bmw brigade..
all good are the honda, suzy, kwakers,mvs, guzzis ,
triumph .....not Dukes they are not as bad as they first 2 tho...

but well were all bikers arent we .. who cares anyway. Nod away enjoy life I say :lol:
Alb :thumbup:
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

I generally give a quick wave to most bikers, though I gave up doing so the the Hardley poser crowd years ago.... apparently, riding a "sport bike", I am not worthy of their attention...... I guess they simply can`t handle waving to someone whose bike has more than 30 hp...... f***ing losers.......
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Virt

Post by Virt »

Miztaziggy wrote:The scooter riders mostly ride scooters because they're 16, cant get a car and need to get to work. If they are riding a 125 geared bike, chances are they actually enjoy biking and will carry on and at some point pass their test and get something bigger.
As a hip youngster this isn't true. I know many people who only own 125 bikes purely because they think it makes them look cooler than owning a car. They have no interest in biking what so ever, we usually have them come over to the weekly bike meet up in Rugby.. Absolute arseholes. It took us a few weeks to teach them that every bike there > their bikes. Pricks even tried having a drag race down the strip of road to prove that their bikes were incredible.. The stupidity of some people amazes me, how could a 125 ever beat a 33bhp bike? I didn't at any point say it was restricted either, so for all they knew it was a 600cc bike! If they're on a 250 + then they're into biking usually.

The 125 riders know feck all about bikes and so go for the least powerful and most expensive ones to insure, it seems.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The 125 riders know feck all about bikes and so go for the least powerful and most expensive ones to insure, it seems.
Or easiest to nick for parts. :roll:

==============================Enter the Darkside