what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
leevtr

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by leevtr »

[
and on the way home the heavens opened and we got soaked :cry:
that is all.[/quote]

Yeah I did wonder....Thanks for not ringing, I would've dug the old girl out and got soaked with you !!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

One of my carb slides got stuck open on the the way to Grain so had to whip the rear diaphragm cap off and sort that out. A little wet n dry along the side if of the slide sorted it out. I did notice the other day when putting them in that they where a bit of a tight fit. They are from a different set of carbs!

My front brakes are shite the front right calliper just does not want to bleed and keeps getting air in it. I think someone has crossthreaded the bleed nipple at some point so when it's tightened up the tapered end does not seat properly. :( It's never been quite right since I got the bike, even Tony and Jonsey had difficulty bleeding my brakes when I put the braided lines on when Mac had the isle of grain workshop day. Anyway Mac has kindly lent me a front right calliper so I shall be sorting that out shortly. But as Tony says "it's an upgrade opportunity" so I will be on the lookout shortly for either CBR Callipers and MC cylinder or SP1.

It's funny because since upgrading my suspension I'm noticing more how bad the brakes actually are.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Redthunder

Post by Redthunder »

Almost finished the Swingarm
98 'Storm
16 Kawasaki Z1000sx
95 CB500r
98 Vfr800
00 Zx6r

Destined4bikes17@gmail.com
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Carl you should of fitted the slide seats with the new slides as they wear together
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Me and my lad been working on his 2nd dirt bike as I gave up on the pw80 as its in need of a full engine rebuild .
So he now has a 50cc one .
We gave the carb a clean and washed out the tank as what was in there was thick .
Fixed the brakes and head stock bearings . And I had a little go down the road :-)
Now my lad is giving it a good clean while I look for some parts that it needs , Image
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

That one looks much better than the slow blue pewe, lucky lad looks happy as a ping muck :thumbup:
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote:That one looks much better than the slow blue pewe, lucky lad looks happy as a ping muck :thumbup:
it is and he is lol
he too had a little go on it around the garden , he is hooked proper now
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Lloydie has shrunk :lol: :lol:

Well done Lloyd he looks so happy. :clap: :clap:

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

such fun today. took the back wheel out. fitted new bearings. total bitch getting one of the old ones out. got the wheel back in and..at this point my son says,daddy is this thing of your motorbike :?: as he shows me the spacer between the bearings id forgot to put back in.. doh!!!
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

fabiostar wrote:such fun today. took the back wheel out. fitted new bearings. total bitch getting one of the old ones out. got the wheel back in and..at this point my son says,daddy is this thing of your motorbike :?: as he shows me the spacer between the bearings id forgot to put back in.. doh!!!
At least you found it before you tried to torque down the axle and destroyed your new bearings...... :Ball Kick:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

8541Hawk wrote:
fabiostar wrote:such fun today. took the back wheel out. fitted new bearings. total bitch getting one of the old ones out. got the wheel back in and..at this point my son says,daddy is this thing of your motorbike :?: as he shows me the spacer between the bearings id forgot to put back in.. doh!!!
At least you found it before you tried to torque down the axle and destroyed your new bearings...... :Ball Kick:

is very true. just as well i did as the bearing on the disc side was on its last legs.... :confused
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Redthunder

Post by Redthunder »

98 'Storm
16 Kawasaki Z1000sx
95 CB500r
98 Vfr800
00 Zx6r

Destined4bikes17@gmail.com
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

great picture of your boy lloydie......... :thumbup:
i was bored this morning, so with gritted teeth i was the bike after being caught out in the rain on saturday.... :(
i was shocked to see the shiny headers that i'd cleaned just a few days ago, had started to turn brown again.... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
so out with the dremmel and some autosol to clean them again, it was my fault for not giving them a polish after they were cleaned, another good reason not to ride in the rain.... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Well today I have done nothing more of the usual. Gave it a good was after the past couple of weeks abuse it has had with all the bugs flying into it. All nice and shiny again :D
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Everything is against me for today :twisted: I tried to sort out my brakes and I can't undo the poxy spline head or male tork or whatever it's called. The one tool I haven't got is female torx sockets, ARGH. I bleed the brakes back off as good as I could, and have given up for the day. This day is a write off :thumbdown: I shall have to buy a 10mm torx socket from Halfrauds tomorrow and start all over again.