Here a week and already have to say sorry....

General Biker Banter
8541Hawk

Here a week and already have to say sorry....

Post by 8541Hawk »

It seems I stirred things up a bit and allowed myself to get sucked into something I should have just laughed at, so sorry guys.

Though maybe its a good time to try to clear up a few things so this can be avoided in the future.
In my defense I will first say have pity on me as not only am I just an American I am also a Marine....as you never really get out, so I have issues.......lol

I really am trying to figure out the cultural differences as I know very little about the countries you guys are in.
Sure I have read about and seen them but never been there (Well there was Germany for a week but never left the base....) so I don't really know them.

This is why I first made very clear what the issue was with the other member..... sorry don't remember the screen name.

I don't know about where you are at but in my country, where I live, being called a racist is a very dear insult.
As we would say in the South, yeah something else you can use against me, thems fightin' words....

When asked to clean this important, at least to me, issue up it was just blown off and then I was told I was wrong on how I identify myself.

Another place of I don't know how it is where you are but where I live we separate first by race and then by nationality.
That is why you always see terms like Asian\American, African\American, Mexican\American. It is how we live.

After this was not accepted I had to feel that I was supposed to care about someone else's culture while they could give a piss about mine when I'm told I'm just an American.

Then I did say something I shouldn't have and for that I had to write all this BS,

Which was caused by another possible difference. Here If I say I know this group of people and you ask for their contact info to check out what I am saying, That means you believe what I am saying is untrue....A.K.A calling me a liar. This is the answer to the last reply in the other thread that I won't bother with.

So again maybe things are different but yeah I have issues, the whole personal honor thing is an issue not only for the stuff I have to deal with that I listed so far.....'Merican, USMC, Southerner, you also add..... or would that be subtract.....lol E-5 and then add those 4 numbers that you wonder about to USMC and google it and you might understand why I have issues with personally honor and tend to react...sorry I do really try but we are who we are.

I'll end with sorry for bringing drama to your board, it was the last thing I wanted to do. I was also sent a PM for my number to talk about all this, sorry not going to happen.

I have already wasted way too much time on this silly assed stuff... I am who I am....if you don't like me, fine.

If I insult anyone, sorry.....just let me know as I sure it will be unintentional as sorry to say, you know when I'm pissed at you....... :biggrin .....lol

But at least I'm pretty good at tuning a VTR

Semper Fi
Carry on
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Virt

Re: Here a week and already have to say sorry....

Post by Virt »

Everyone makes mistakes. I've been here 7 months and about 5/6 weeks ago I overstepped the mark with a joke (which shall not be repeated). It happens. The long apology is probably not necessary, in my opinion. As I don't think you've done anything wrong. The fact you threw yourself in the deepend proves that you are, like every single one of us, barking mad. Which is always a good thing.. I think :lol: Either way, don't let it get to you. Everyone makes mistakes and being on a forum where communication is primarily done over text, meanings of things are hard to convey effectively and almost always someone gets confused or takes it the wrong way. So keep on truckin'.. or riding... Preferably the latter :thumbup:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you haven't got anything to apologise for fella, you have a good sense of humor compared to some yanks....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

bigspanishmarty wrote:you haven't got anything to apologise for fella
Ditto
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Sorry I don't see the need for an apology .
Touchy subject always get blown out of proportion on here and I find myself avoiding them .
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Welcome to the political debate which is the United Kingdom Hawk.

Us Celts are a little tetchy you know :D

Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
darkember

Post by darkember »

Jazzscot wrote:Welcome to the political debate which is the United Kingdom Hawk.

Jazz
Nah your just a tight arsed Scot :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by darkember on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edds11

Post by edds11 »

like I tried to say on the other post but jazzer locked it :D , there are only 2 types :lol: :lol: with pale skin , freckles and ginger hair and it wouldn'd be a scottish lassy because she would either be in the bar or the bookies
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

To dig myself a deeper hole....I'm Black Irish.....so bring it on lads.....lol
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

bigspanishmarty wrote:you haven't got anything to apologise for fella, you have a good sense of humor compared to some yanks....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

+1
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
darkember

Post by darkember »

8541Hawk wrote:To dig myself a deeper hole....I'm Black Irish.....so bring it on lads.....lol
:lol: :lol: I'm White Irish
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

darkember wrote:
Jazzscot wrote:Welcome to the political debate which is the United Kingdom Hawk.

Jazz
Nah your just a tight arsed Scot :lol: :lol: :lol:

My trigger finger is twitching dark ember
Just remember who is running this show :think:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

so whose fighting irish.......... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I'm sorry you felt you had to apologise but it is very honourable of you and also nice to get a bit of background knowledge Sarge :wink: Your a welcome member here and in the time you have been here you have already contributed a fair amount of good info on riding and the VTR, it's much appreciated. I like the fact that there are cultural differences between us as it means we can learn something from each other, even if it just how to spell colour. At the end of the day your an alli (not sure how that's spelt) as in allied forces. :thumbup:

Now get down and give me 10 :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
edds11

Post by edds11 »

cyber man...alli - by allu - minium ally - friend