Pics of my new Firestorm

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
bigtwinthing

Re: Pics of my new Firestorm

Post by bigtwinthing »

shinn281 wrote:Thats why I liked it, something a bit different. Thinking of painting the wheels gold, what's everyones opinion?
NO NO NO you want black wheels!!! oh and iam after silver ones so we could swop!!! :D
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

bigtwinthing wrote:
shinn281 wrote:Thats why I liked it, something a bit different. Thinking of painting the wheels gold, what's everyones opinion?
NO NO NO you want black wheels!!! oh and iam after silver ones so we could swop!!! :D

That's a nice try but I don't think black would look very good with silver and gold :?

Here's the latest edition to the bike, a compromise shall we say......gold wheel rim tape! What do we think? I think next thing on my shopping list is gold levers!!!

Harwell

Post by Harwell »

A very nice bike, like the colour. Would like the number plate, would match my nickname as you can see! :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

regarding the picture of the front wheel, ditch the nasty black rubber brake line clip thats halfway up the fork leg, for a nice shiny gold p-clip, it will look loads better and fit in with your colour scheme..... :thumbup:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Goodridge ... 48511c3d83
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:regarding the picture of the front wheel, ditch the nasty black rubber brake line clip thats halfway up the fork leg, for a nice shiny gold p-clip, it will look loads better and fit in with your colour scheme..... :thumbup:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Goodridge ... 48511c3d83

Thanks for the tip marty! I've done a bit more pimping today,

GOLD BOLTS!!

GOLD WING MIRRORS!!

I have gold brake and clutch levers on order too, I think once they are fitted that should be enough gold for now.
What do we think?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i do like those mirrors, where did you get them from matey?
i might have a spare gold p-clip if you want it buddy.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:i do like those mirrors, where did you get them from matey?
i might have a spare gold p-clip if you want it buddy.

That would be great marty! I'm not sure where the mirrors are from, they were on it when I bought it and they don't have any kind of manufacturer mark either. They are good, it wasn't until posting the pics on here that I knew about being able to adjust the length of them. I'll try and find out where they are from and let you know.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Marty I did post a link to mirrors like that months ago. They where not cheap. I shall search for the link. :thumbup:

Found it, here you go http://www.cyclemirrors.com/index.html

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

similar but not the same carlos, the main part of the mirror is a different shape all together.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

Here is the finished article, gold mirrors!! I'm going to have to re-do the right hand mirror at some point though as the paint reacted badly!

What do you think?

Smokinjoe73

Post by Smokinjoe73 »

Really looks nice in slver and how you have it. I think gold wheels would look good. Or you could get a gold leather jacket.(joke).

I went with GSXR mirrors and wired them to light as running and turn signals. Makes the fron signature of the bike huge to cars. Couldn't believe how everyone noticed me the day I did it.

Givi wingrack,CBR600 dash,CBR1000 forks, corbin, mario nava carbon fairing, 2bro carbon cans, vista cruise, GSXR mirrors.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

are the gsxr mirrors easy to fit, or is there some cutting/grinding involved????
oh btw, i found a gold p-clip, i'll pop it in the post this week buddy..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's a shame were not allowed to have indicators on as running lights in this country. It definitely makes one more visible.

I intend on going the GSXR route at some stage, but there a fair bit of work involved with getting an appropriate mounting bracket made. I would also want them to be able to fold back like on the originals.

I like the bits of Gold with the Silver. How about some Gold screen bolts. Yeh the Gold mirrors on their own would not look right. You need other Gold bits on the bike to balance it out.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:are the gsxr mirrors easy to fit, or is there some cutting/grinding involved????
oh btw, i found a gold p-clip, i'll pop it in the post this week buddy..... :thumbup:
Cheers Marty
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

Decided to go with black instead of gold so mirrors off again, stripped and primed!!!!! :x