Weekend ride 14-16th June 2013 - Leicestershire

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Rob

Re: Weekend ride 14-16th June 2013

Post by Rob »

I'm available that weekend if an upcoming house move is all done by then. How about the Peak District?

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcyc ... _30589.htm

That route is way too short but could be expanded a lot.
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
adyf

Post by adyf »

I'm up for this buddy as long as its not further south than say Birmingham no problem,will keep an eye on this thread,basically I want to be on the bike whenever I can if the weathers good,only live once.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Thinking about it we could always do a loop covering Derbyshire and Yorkshire? Meet at a camp site Friday evening. Ride round Derbyshire Saturday and make our way to Yorkshire. Ride round Yorkshire Sunday and ead back after that. As an idea. Any other ideas?
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Now iv thought about it..... A trip to the lakes would be nice. Not been there yet :think: :think: decisions decisions :think: :think:

Ady, Virt... your opinions?
adyf

Post by adyf »

Well mate if you have never been to the lake district,it would be cool to ride there,back in the day me and the lads used to be up there every weekend,hadknott,kirkstone passes ,Windermere for an ice cream,great roads and camp sites ,for me I would set off early Saturday morning will be warmer and brighter by then,fantastic riding into the dawn,then we can all meet up along the way,get to camp site set up and chill a while get some breakfast then go play,I know loads of routes all good,get back eat drink and be merry,meander home sunday something like that? Ady
Virt

Post by Virt »

Ckennedy wrote:
Ady, Virt... your opinions?
Went there as a very young child on one of our many camping trips. Incredibly beautiful place, can't vouch for the roads as I never really paid attention to that sort of thing until about 18 months ago. But I remember nothing but beautiful scenery, plenty of places to take pictures of your bike at. I'd be up for it :thumbup:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Sounds like a good idea Ady. Depending if Virt is coming we could always blast up to your area Friday night so it makes life easier.

Virt you coming along?
Virt

Post by Virt »

Definitely. :lol: I've missed a couple of ride outs already, I neeeeeed this :lol: :lol:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Hope youv got some spare cash then :lol:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Payday soon :lol: And people owe me money. I'll just have to get my baseball bat out :wink: :lol:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I would if I were you. Id say youd want 100quid for fuel and thats just a guess.
Virt

Post by Virt »

I average between 40 and 50 mph depending on if I'm redlining it or cruising at 6k so I get about 11 miles per litre I guess? Unless we're going there via Aberdeen I'm not sure it's gonna be 1000 miles.. Right? :lol: I've only done 4,000 since getting my license :p
adyf

Post by adyf »

Any bike welcome ,in the lakes it isn't speed you need just big balls I should know I've launched a couple into the scenery up there lol.if you don't make it to complex its easier to organise ,say I've got a 3 man tent so that's 3 people sorted travel light is best,tent,mat,sleeping bag.no ducking about just ride.by the way I'm crap with computers so happy to help just don't ask me to do lists on here it will take me forevermore lol.ady
Virt

Post by Virt »

adyf wrote:Any bike welcome ,in the lakes it isn't speed you need just big balls I should know I've launched a couple into the scenery up there lol.if you don't make it to complex its easier to organise ,say I've got a 3 man tent so that's 3 people sorted travel light is best,tent,mat,sleeping bag.no ducking about just ride.by the way I'm crap with computers so happy to help just don't ask me to do lists on here it will take me forevermore lol.ady
It's all good I'm a CompSci :wink: Thank god about not speed though.. I can only keep up with other bikes up to the national speed limit (beat my dad to 60 on his sprint st the other month :lol:) but then I lose out big time :thumbdown:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Don't think we will need much in the way of lists. Sounds like there is Me, Ady, Virt and maybe Rob if he does not mind another long trip. Other than that like you said Ady, Sleeping bag, roll mat and maybe a t-shirt and trousers. Can divide the tent between the 3 of us if needed.

Sorry virt I forgot you had the hornet for a moment and it was bound to be better on MPG. It'll be around 180miles to the lakes via squires cafe way for camping on Friday night maybe 200miles round the lakes and then 180ish miles back. So around 600 :lol: Cost me twice as much in fuel as you :lol: :roll: