Frame covers

General Bike chat
nora2004

Re: Frame covers

Post by nora2004 »

thumperslaw wrote:Got them today and they look smart! :thumbup:

The fit on the other hand :thumbdown: crap
Not the best is it! Lol

As you can see from mine I had to cut sections away, cut the meeting points straight then used some sticky carbon vinyl to hide the joint!

Word of advice when cutting it wear long sleeves, he fibres had me itching for days! Lol
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

nora2004 wrote:Here we are, all done!

your bikes crying out for some carbonardi engine case covers matey.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

nora2004 wrote:
thumperslaw wrote:Got them today and they look smart! :thumbup:

The fit on the other hand :thumbdown: crap
Not the best is it! Lol

As you can see from mine I had to cut sections away, cut the meeting points straight then used some sticky carbon vinyl to hide the joint!

Word of advice when cutting it wear long sleeves, he fibres had me itching for days! Lol
You have a pm
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Nora, have you got your rear subframe jacked up to lift the seat up higher?
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote:Nora, have you got your rear subframe jacked up to lift the seat up higher?
Looks like it to me
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I don't understand why they didn't bother to extend the rear bit to cover it all. You have done a good job with the join there Nora. Look as good as it can. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
nora2004

Post by nora2004 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:
your bikes crying out for some carbonardi engine case covers matey.... :thumbup:
Already ahead of ya, got them on order, just waiting for delievery! lol
AMCQ46 wrote:Nora, have you got your rear subframe jacked up to lift the seat up higher?
Is it that noticeable? Ive dropped the bars as much as I can without loosing the fairings, about 1 1/2 inches, so the only other option was to raise the rear an inch or so to allow me to sit in the bike instead of on it, gives it a proper "sportsbike" riding position! Plus it makes my numberplate easier to read! lol

cybercarl wrote:I don't understand why they didn't bother to extend the rear bit to cover it all. You have done a good job with the join there Nora. Look as good as it can. :thumbup:

(:-})
Cheers, I was unsure of how they would look once on, but they look like theyve grew there!

Right then, in the picture below, the red circle is where I had to cut away a piece, its the bottom lip that would go under the frame, I just cut it in line with the rest of the cover so that from the shock end to the front wheel end is one straight line now!

The edge of the "Y" piece, the blue circle on mine was all wonky, I simply used some masking tape to get me a straight line and cut it so its now perfectly straight and would pretty much meet up with the upper piece!

I then had to cut a notch out on the underside where the green circle is to clear the frame welds, or else it was pressing the cover out!

I wouldnt bother with silicone neither, I tried it at first but its just not strong enough, on mine where the blue circle is, I had to use a G clamp to hold it against the frame whilst the adhesive set or it was sitting proud about 5-6mm! lol

Once the bottom piece was on and set I then stuck on the top halfs aligning them but up to the bottom piece and at the same level away from the frame!

And, er, bob your uncle! lol

Oh incase your wondering i used some windscreen bond to stick em to the frame, didnt want to use anything this strong, but in the end I had to, there aint no way theyd be coming off in one piece! lol

Hope this helps!

Watty

Post by Watty »

Beautiful bike mate :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Nora, I only spotted the extra bolt above the shock reservoir and then tried to work out what was going on. Is very subtle as I didn't look at the side profile of the bike and think there was anything different when I looked at your 1st picture. :thumbup:
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Are those stock CCT's you're running fella?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
nora2004

Post by nora2004 »

Kev L wrote:Are those stock CCT's you're running fella?
Knew someone would notice! Lol

They are indeed and tbf have been on for the last 4k miles with no troubles, however I treat them as a yearly item, there due for a change in August!

Its like Russian roulette! Lol
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Interesting gambit there mate. Why not just do the stopper mod and save yourself the agg of changing them until they ping? Everyone to their own fella it's your bike and all that. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

micks frame covers arrived at mine today, the packing was a shambles :eek2 , how it got here undamaged is beyond me. they look ok, but against my originals, you can tell the quality's no as good. still worth the money imho.
time to repack and resend..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Kev L wrote:Interesting gambit there mate. Why not just do the stopper mod and save yourself the agg of changing them until they ping? Everyone to their own fella it's your bike and all that. :thumbup: :thumbup:
+1 to much to risk them going ping

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I was thinking about getting these frame covers but with the pore fit I think I will leave it :-(