Breather pipe

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
scouse645

Breather pipe

Post by scouse645 »

Between the showers today i managed to fit new pads in the rear brake, that went ok but as i was doing that i noticed the breather pipe from under the tank was melting on the exhaust, must have put it there when the cct's were done :oops: as i got hold of it it just broke, so need a new one, were would be the best place to get that? i also took both exhausts off as it made the job easier and they need cleaning, they are standard ones, your probably ahead of me now, whats best to clean them? after washing them, thanks for any help. :)
gafr

Re: Breather pipe

Post by gafr »

dont bother with a new one. i had that happen to my storm. easily fixed, cut the pipe losing the damaged part.
scouse645

Post by scouse645 »

Thanks, the pipe is 1mtr long and the bit thats melted is 11inch from the tank, so it wouldn't be long enough if i cut that off to reach the belly pan.
darkember

Post by darkember »

Autosol for the cans
scouse645

Post by scouse645 »

darkember wrote:Autosol for the cans
Thanks, will get some of that, spent more time working on it than riding it.
darkember

Post by darkember »

scouse645 wrote:Thanks, the pipe is 1mtr long and the bit thats melted is 11inch from the tank, so it wouldn't be long enough if i cut that off to reach the belly pan.
Couldn't you cut the melted section out & insert a slightly smaller diameter section into the 2 ends
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It doesn't even need to reach as far as the belly pan. As long as it's hanging down out the way. Just trim it down and have it hang loose further back down the side of the frame somewhere. In fact it's better if it's slightly shorter as there is less risk of it getting blocked by any crap or water that may sit in the bottom of the pan.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
scouse645

Post by scouse645 »

darkember wrote:
scouse645 wrote:Thanks, the pipe is 1mtr long and the bit thats melted is 11inch from the tank, so it wouldn't be long enough if i cut that off to reach the belly pan.
Couldn't you cut the melted section out & insert a slightly smaller diameter section into the 2 ends
Could do that, will have a look around online for a new one.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Buy a hose connector for the internal diameter of your breather and some matching hose - silicone type will do, and make sure its correctly routed and cable tied out of harm's way.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
scouse645

Post by scouse645 »

cybercarl wrote:It doesn't even need to reach as far as the belly pan. As long as it's hanging down out the way. Just trim it down and have it hang loose further back down the side of the frame somewhere. In fact it's better if it's slightly shorter as there is less risk of it getting blocked by any crap or water that may sit in the bottom of the pan.

(:-})
ok thanks, will sort that tomorrow as its getting dark.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Turn it round- doesn't matter if the scorched section is at the lower end.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
scouse645

Post by scouse645 »

tony.mon wrote:Turn it round- doesn't matter if the scorched section is at the lower end.....
Never thought of that, ordered some new stuff anyway, thanks all for helping.