Cheap Parcel Post

General Biker Banter
Rampant Lion

Cheap Parcel Post

Post by Rampant Lion »

Guys..read a post of how the Post Office charged £14 to send a tyre. That's wild.

I recently sold a tyre on Ebay and sent it through Collect Plus for about £5.00.

Easy as pie, parcel up your item.
Log onto the site which is below.
Buy a delivery filling in all the details.
Print out a label.
Take the parcel to your local shop and they do the rest.

http://www.collectplus.co.uk/

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Had: CB125. Benelli 250. Yamaha YDS7.Kawasaki Z400. Kawasaki Z650c. Kawasaki Z650B1. Kawasaki Z1300.Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100R. TDM 850 (2 off). Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100RT. Yamaha XT600.

Now: VTR 98 Storm in lovely silver....
seb421

Re: Cheap Parcel Post

Post by seb421 »

sh1t service for me from these guy's

i've sent parcels three times with them and they have lost two of the three, claim took wombles ages too

myhermes are cheap and have never let me down, i usually book via parcel2go
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I have come to the conclusion that parcel deliveries is as hit and miss as insurance. What's good for one person is not necessarily good for another. Hermes lost some of Marty's stuff recently. It's hit or miss.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

imho. always over insure the item, at least that way you get something back, parcel2go took 2 weeks to pay me my money back. i suppose that ain't bad. i'm going to try parcelmonkey next time round....
i can see royal mail going under, their last price increase was unreal. they've got a terrible business plan, and i don't think the unions help either, to old fashioned and unable to compete on price. i will say that last month i sent two parcels via royal mail 2nd class, both parcels arrived safetly and within 48hrs. i can't fault that, but the price had just gone up. and it will probably be the last parcels i send via them.... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

It is all up in air.... personally I would never again ,again ,again, and again X 87 times
use ... " Parcel Force " ever again... I sent a piano accordian to Scotland to a music teacher
to a definive confirmed address and correct postcode ...paid the fee ... not cheap
took a ferknig age to get there and getting re routed etc ... claimed compo got from em.. eventually got there 3 weeks late.. and battered to phurk... well bad avoid.... avoid.... avoid... Parcel force
they are the PITS. some Co's are ok though .. its the luck of the draw and where its going.
Are parcelforce still in business :eh:
Alb :thumbup:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

a lot of stuff at UPS gets lost in transit with no known senders because the label comes off during handeling and they have no documents inside

best to always stick at least two on and if its forecast rain put one of them in a plastic wallet as most trailers leak

if your box is near a leak or the floor a lot of home printed labels get wet and then get unreadable if its not protected

Never put derogatory stuff on boxes like don't break me you idiots, dont wombles drop me etc etc, seen people take offence to it and then purposely damage stuff :thumbdown:

something simple and funny effective on a box is always welcomed

wrap a box well, if its humid / wet a lot of tape often loses its grip, lift a box and at least 10 in every 1000 drop their contents all over the floor, if it rolls and goes of the deck there is wombles all chance its ever going to get back in the box

before a box gets to you their has been about 50 different hands all over it and a lot of rolling belts and sh1t if it pinches a label its got nowhere to go

UPS have a few people employed at every branch just to try and track where these random boxes might have come from and sorting out getting them where they should be, they even have a special alarmed and locked room for all this lost in transit stuff
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
silver storm

Post by silver storm »

I use parcelmonkey they have never lost a parcel and I have sent things to the States and they arrived 2 days later.
Stevie
Rampant Lion

Post by Rampant Lion »

Hi guys...I used to buy a DHL couriers parcel service on ebay. There are loads. It cost around a tenner. Faultless service, a white van man would turn up usually at 11am, and the parcel would always be delivered intact and on time a couple of days later.

With Collectplus I take it to a shop, no need to wait in for white van man. Cost £4.95.

I've only used the service once, and you can hardly damage a tyre. I believe my two parcels will be delivered between Wed and Fri to South Wales. Contents contain bike plastics and a headlamp. Both are reasonably wrapped to prevent damage.

If there is any damage I'll post a notice.

Anyway, that's the sun out, so off to the bikers cafe at South Queensferry for a blether.

:thumbup:
Had: CB125. Benelli 250. Yamaha YDS7.Kawasaki Z400. Kawasaki Z650c. Kawasaki Z650B1. Kawasaki Z1300.Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100R. TDM 850 (2 off). Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100RT. Yamaha XT600.

Now: VTR 98 Storm in lovely silver....