Dremmels etc

General Biker Banter
BigVeeGrin

Dremmels etc

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Seems there are all kind of tools - Maplin, Lidl, Aldi, B&Q, Dremmel etc - do they have the same chuck or whatever these things use???? I ask as there are all kinds of accessory packs etc so wondering if they are specific to the core unit
Wicky

Re: Dremmels etc

Post by Wicky »

Depends as there are different size fittings - as long as the rotary tool has the necessary chuck adapters then they'll all fit.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

Universal as far as I can figure out. I've not managed to buy one that doesn't fit my lidl tool yet :p
'98 VTR (Red - the quickest)
'94 KTM LC4 400e
'69 Land Rover S2 Lightweight
Trowbridge & Surrounding Areas Lawn Mower Servicing & Repairs
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Xenocide wrote:Universal as far as I can figure out. I've not managed to buy one that doesn't fit my lidl tool yet :p
Don't tell the ladies you only have a lidl tool!!!!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
darkember

Post by darkember »

BTW I am going to have to trim my fairing soon to fit my bar risers. Which is the best tool bit to use in the dremel box to do the job?? Photo would be handy. Thanks
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

dont use the thicker grinding disc, it is too coarse and heats / cloggs up with melting plastic......................use the thin cutting discs that are in the black plastic tube. but as they are very fragile use the Lloydie patented solution of fitting 2 of them.

thats what I used in my workshop thread and the cut was clean as you could want.... just used a sharp knife dragged backwards at 45 degs to clean up the small burrs on the edge
AMcQ
darkember

Post by darkember »

AMCQ46 wrote:dont use the thicker grinding disc, it is too coarse and heats / cloggs up with melting plastic......................use the thin cutting discs that are in the black plastic tube. but as they are very fragile use the Lloydie patented solution of fitting 2 of them.

thats what I used in my workshop thread and the cut was clean as you could want.... just used a sharp knife dragged backwards at 45 degs to clean up the small burrs on the edge
Thanks for that :)
Nickso

Post by Nickso »

Dremel bits wouldn't fit my old B&Q tool as they were thicker than the B&Q chuck.

I used the tube shaped sanding bit to trim my fairing for the VFR bars, worked a treat.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

ive had many set of bits all different makes and they have all fitted in my rotary tool .
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Dremel bits wouldn't fit my old B&Q tool as they were thicker than the B&Q chuck.
There's a simple answer to that. Get a dremel to grind down the bits and then they will fit. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

cybercarl wrote:
There's a simple answer to that. Get a dremel to grind down the bits and then they will fit. :lol:

Or fit the other set of jaws that should have come in your box (fnarr).
'94 KTM LC4 400e
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i just bought the £20 rechargerable rotary tool from lidl's and the box of attachments, i'm well pleased, i'd recomend the lidl box of attachments over the the maplin ones, i've had both and the parkside/lidl's ones are better, these kits are all generic and fit each other. i might pay a few quid and get the flexi shaft aswell.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Nickso

Post by Nickso »

Xenocide wrote:
cybercarl wrote:

Or fit the other set of jaws that should have come in your box (fnarr).
Only came with one set, was a while ago, maybe I missed them somehow. No matter, got the real deal now.
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

Nickso wrote:
Only came with one set, was a while ago, maybe I missed them somehow. No matter, got the real deal now.
How does it compare out of interest?
'94 KTM LC4 400e
Nickso

Post by Nickso »

Xenocide wrote:
Nickso wrote:
How does it compare out of interest?
B&Q one was OK. Used it to cut out sections of car bodywork that couldn't be done with a normal sized grinder. It took a fair bit of abuse before it gave up. Hoping the Dremel will last longer though.