superbike track day .. mods required ..

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Geordie

Re: superbike track day .. mods required ..

Post by Geordie »

Yip worked out less than twenty to gallon for me too .. Bike was needing it !! Id say you weren't that reserved !! You weren't hanging about lol ! .. I wonder if mario nava is still making carbon fibre fairings for the track for the vtr ???!!!
yes the advice was very much appreciated .. in fact I might head out tonight round the twisties !! Although I have to say my thighs are aching from squeezing the bike and holding in the corners !! .. Feels like ive spent the whole night shagging a new girlfriend !! Haha !
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Hello folks

I just thught I'd paste a link to a video I made of the trackday discussed here. Fantastic day at Knockhill, thoroughly recommend it on the storm, such an easy bike to get fun out of on the track.. Several of the other guys on similar age blades and other 600s were quite impressed with the grunt of the vtr out the corners ..

http://youtu.be/6ZNfa7e2CTo

Enjoy !

Cheers

Geordie
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Fantastic video Geordie, you reeled in quite a few there :thumbup:

It looks great fun, well done fella :clap: :clap: :clap:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
playerone

Post by playerone »

what camera and mount did you use, thats surprisingly stable footage :thumbup: everything i've tried so far had had some serious vibration
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

cheers guys .. I just used go pros own mounts and clevises .. but I don't have the latest tighter fitting rubber inserts to help reduce vibration .. our could have been better .. have now got RAM mounts for the gopro they are totally solid zero movement and infinitely adjustable .. !