Bike update

General Biker Banter
Gazfirestormowner

Bike update

Post by Gazfirestormowner »

Dealers had the bike a week he's stripped the carbs cleaned em all rebuilt no joy still losing power at 7000 revs so he's ordered new plugs which will be fitted today. I tried telling him to check timming but guess he's going to try everything else first lol. I'm happy for him to put as many new parts on as he wants as long as its fixed in the end.
lloydie

Re: Bike update

Post by lloydie »

Gazfirestormowner wrote:Dealers had the bike a week he's stripped the carbs cleaned em all rebuilt no joy still losing power at 7000 revs so he's ordered new plugs which will be fitted today. I tried telling him to check timming but guess he's going to try everything else first lol. I'm happy for him to put as many new parts on as he wants as long as its fixed in the end.
And I hope you won't be charged for them !
Virt

Post by Virt »

What dealer are you getting it done at? Nightingales or Real motorcycles or?
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Gazfirestormowner

Not charging me mate under warranty
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

If it's like a complete fall off of power at 7k then it's definatly timing 180 deg out. It's when the airbox runs out of capacity basically.

I wombles my timing up and it was very obvious drastic drop in power at ~7k
'98 VTR (Red - the quickest)
'94 KTM LC4 400e
'69 Land Rover S2 Lightweight
Trowbridge & Surrounding Areas Lawn Mower Servicing & Repairs
Gazfirestormowner

I've told him to check timing but he's gunna go the long way round to get there but when he does do it I'm going to go watch what he does so I know what I'm doing when I do my cct mod
darkember

Post by darkember »

Gazfirestormowner wrote:I've told him to check timing but he's gunna go the long way round to get there but when he does do it I'm going to go watch what he does so I know what I'm doing when I do my cct mod
Print off the procedure on this site cause if he follows the haynes manual he will get it wrong again
Gazfirestormowner

Well here's a quick update bike has now had new plugs coils full carb strip down clean and rebuild and bike is still the same. Dealer has now investigated and spoke to the bloke who he got the bike off and sure enough bike suffered a cct failure and never ran right after the rebuild. So he's spoke to a bloke who knows a bloke who knows someone that used to be a mechanic for Honda and sure enough he's said the timing will be out so he's now doing the timing lol. Congrats to all u wizz kids that knew it was that when I asked all them weeks ago. The bloke said it will be one tooth out is that enough to make it 180 degrees like u guys said it was. Any way thanx for your help guys I'm hoping to get the bike back on Tuesday now and I can enjoy the weather .
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

no mate, one tooth woulded make that much of a difference, 180 degrees is half a turn on the engine, if he does one tooth the problem will still be there
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

he took his time but got there in the end.

as said, its not one tooth on the cam, its 1 turn on the crank
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: :lol: :lol: How funny that they would not listen to you when you asked them to check the timing. Makes me laugh that even a Honda dealers get it wrong. Well at least you have other bits done for nothing.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside