Hey all

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Shauned71

Hey all

Post by Shauned71 »

Hey all.. I'm Shaun from Cardiff S.Wales
Been having a nose through the boards recently after buying myself a Firestorm a couple months ago.. thought it time to say hello... Hello :wave:
Picked up a '98 model earlier in year and although not the best example.. I like it. Have fancied the Firestorm since someone who lived near where i used to work had one (good few years ago now), just loved the sound of it and finally got one. Found it local (ish) to me. It's had a slide down the road at some point which has resulted in a change of colour and a crappy paint job plus the CCT's are now rattling like there is no tomorrow.. other than that It cleans up very well, everything works as it should (with the exception of the CCT's) and it rides nice as well as straight. Paid £800 quid for it, 40k on clock came with some service history plus a few spares... extra double bubble screen in blue, locks, spare front tyre and a spare seat which has been re-trimmed nicely. Gonna rip it to bits in the morning though.. looking for a cleaner looking bike so it's a good look over plus service, CCT's are already on the way (will do the stopper mod) and then a paint job. Nothing fancy, all the panels will be the Audi colour Abyss white (nice and bright) and going for a blue anodised look on the wheels. Carbon fibre hugger and front fender extender then just a few blue anodised bits, fluid caps on h'bars, h'bars grips etc to add a bit of colour here and there... all being well will then be ready for summer... not to mention a run to the IOM TT's next month :mrgreen:

Been riding bikes on and off since a kid but in past never had any mates on 2 wheels so never really been far on a bike.. or at least no where worth going lol Been a single parent for years too but now kids are older.. well time to relive my youth a bit plus ride my bike properly, all being well will start this summer by getting out to some meets and shows etc plus I got a few mates who have swapped to 2 wheels over the past couple years so now there is no excuse. All being well may catch up with a few of you guys along the way too :thumbup:

Will post some pics of the bike as it takes shape :)
seb421

Re: Hey all

Post by seb421 »

welcome to the site mate

Good man! look forward to the progress pics :thumbup:

white is so 2011/2012 its all about some mad shouty lairy color like Kermit green :mrgreen:

You going on Operation Storm 3 - Yorkshire Dales 24-26 May

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14&t=26492
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Heya.. and thanks :-) Not sure what shows/meets I can do through April/may.. just coming out of a sticky time from a financial point of view so kinda got to see how things go although i will keep it in mind. I was just a few moments ago looking through the meets section to see what was planned. Mate of mine going to IOM end of May, trying hard to make it myself but haven't been able to book up in advance so if funds do allow it's going to be pot luck on getting a crossing so just got to wait and see. Come June things should be a bit more back to normal so will hopefully be able to get further a field on the bike.

As for the bike.. I'm not 100% committed to doing it white... really do fancy the blue anodised looking wheels though but was struggling to pick a main colour to go with them that I liked. Have had all sorts of ideas for paint schemes but decided to keep it simple, partly because of cost but mainly because I want it all sorted asap.. bike my only transport at the moment so looking to turn it around ASAP. Plus I can always repaint it come the winter if i want to go a bit more outrageous :-p The trouble I have, the more I look for ideas... the harder I find it to pick something :? It's got to the point that over the past few nights it's been keeping me awake at night, and on that note it time to go bed and lose some more sleep thinking... brain in overdrive lol
leelee

Post by leelee »

hi pal and welcome, sounds like u got plenty be getting on with. don't fancy ur chances much of getting ferry to tt if u not pre booked heard all full and waiting list for cancellations but hey here's hoping. really like white look but loud is good lol. enjoy ur storm :D
ride it till the tires fall off then keep going !!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the club, I am sure you will enjoy the bike and making it your own :thumbup:

Also I can back up what lee said, the TT ferries will be booked solid and there will be a waiting list for any cancelations...you need to get onthe phone to them and try and get a ticket for some day after the start of the races then turn up Saturday of the races and try and get in the q as a reserve and if there's room on the ferry they will put you on at the end....but it is pot luck
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Shauned71 wrote:in past never had any mates on 2 wheels so never really been far on a bike
Ahhh, we'll be your mates :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome aboard buddy

We have a meeting planned for Wales in September

Check out the Ride out section
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome to the forum dude, just an idea about the colour/look of your bike, white with black, white fairings with black front mudguard/wheels/swingarm.........that way it will look like a sheep............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
these bikes are very addictive when it comes to mods. i thought about the white/blue, mainly because of how some of the bmw's look, i love the boxer cup and hp2.
start a thread in the pimp section so we can have a good butchers at your progress........ :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome .
Please tell me your not riding it with the ccts rattling !!

As for colours follow your heart a paint job is a personal thing and you want to get it right :-)
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Welcome. Hope you get the bike sorted ASAP. I think that had to have been one of the longest introductions we have ever had. Gold medal for that bloke :lol:

As for paint. Take your time picking or you will end up regretting it. I would have had mine in castrol colours if I had room to have stripped the bike and had the frame done black. But I am more than happy with what I went for instead. Look forward to seeing the final result.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Thanks all :-)

I didn't ride her with rattling CCT's... Ok, I did a little :oops: I phoned up a local shop pricing parts and was told off by the guy on the phone for riding it (didn't realise the seriousness of the problem at the time) haven't used it since, well not until today.. New CCT's now fitted and carbs balanced... followed your guides, excellent :thumbup: made life very easy.

As for paint... still don't know what I'm going to do.. what ever colour I do the bike right now I won't be 100% happy with. I have a few breaks in the fairing at the mo which make them a little insecure but can't afford to buy replacements so just want to gloss her over and make pretty for now... come winter if bike is all ok then will do a strip down and put some real effort in and go for something a bit more fancy.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

lease tell me your not riding it with the ccts rattling !!
I was just thinking that as I was reading through.

Glad you got it sorted. Things should sound a lot quieter now Shaun. Whoever done the stop mod, did they follow the guide on this forum. Get the regulator rectifier changed for a finned version and you will have the two biggest issues of the firestorm sorted. The rest then is just down to personal taste and customization.

Welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Haven't done the stop mod yet. Plagued with back trouble at the moment so I just quickly swapped the cct's out for new so the bike can be used if needed. Got other work I have to do as well at the mo, in middle of repairing & repainting a friends old vfr750 and struggling to do that at mo with bad back so didn't want to spend any more time on mine as needed. Have seen the post about the stop mod and will do it in the near future. Didn't know about the regulator issue though so thanks for the heads up :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Shaun :thumbup: I hope your back gets better soon.

I like the sound of the white paint with the blue for the wheels 8)

Chris.
darkember

Post by darkember »

Hi there & welcome. We should hookup someday your only 30 miles from me :thumbup:
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

darkember wrote:30 miles from me :thumbup:
Heya.. not far away then.. where abouts are you?