what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:Marty I insisted they take me to a 1950's themed Hospital and Bab's Windsor was just chased around my bed by Sid James whilst Hattie Jacques just pulled Virt, sorry Kenneth Williams into the linen cupboard!! Or it may be the pills!
I must be ill coz the food's been good, although I may lay off the greens if it's going to lead to a fling with Marty's Nan! Just run that past me once more Tony, how does that work again!
By the way I already have a 12" Richard, but I don't use it as a rule. (with apologies to the crap joke franchise)
ba boom tish!!!!!!!!
can't the docs do anything for your sense of humor???????
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Marty it is far to finely honed to allow people used to dealing with surgeons tolerances to interfere with it. A thing of beauty I tells ya!!! And the sense of humour.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:Ahh Mac, makes me go all warm and fuzzy in me nether regions, does that. Oh no it's not the sentiment, i've pissed myself again. Nurse, nurse!!!
No seriously hope all is not to bad & you'll be right as rain as soon as poss & back to your normal grumpy forgetful self.

If it is serious & indeed terminal don't forget I've got first dibs on all your Ti goodies, the pipes, the carbon extras, the shock, the forks.

Come to think of it you might as well give me the whole bike, I can always spray it Red. :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Virt

Post by Virt »

MacV2 wrote:
Come to think of it you might as well give me the whole bike, I can always spray it Red. :lol:
Why would you ruin a perfectly crap bike even further by painting it red? :lol:

Get well soon Kev :thumbup:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I am taking it all with me, muhahaha.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

MacV2 wrote:
Kev L wrote:Ahh Mac, makes me go all warm and fuzzy in me nether regions, does that. Oh no it's not the sentiment, i've pissed myself again. Nurse, nurse!!!
No seriously hope all is not to bad & you'll be right as rain as soon as poss & back to your normal grumpy forgetful self.

If it is serious & indeed terminal don't forget I've got first dibs on all your Ti goodies, the pipes, the carbon extras, the shock, the forks.

i'm thinking somewhere in kevs last will and testicle there's a section saying that his bike will either buried with him or destroyed rather than being painted red............... :sick:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

hey pecker up :eek2 and all that Kev - hope all is well mate :thumbup:

just got back from hospital mesellf as my son is in there after a few A&E trips the last week.

PRior to going to see him today though I went to my mates, fired up the old girl with her new Fuel exhausts on and went for a 70 mile run with my mate round Northants/Warwicks - wombles it was cold after half and hour or so. Felt good to be back on the bike and can't wait to get her back to my place, phnarr phnarr

Get on the mend Kev, wondered where you'd been you naughty boy
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Hope your sprog is ok Andy. :thumbup:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Today I went into work to play with the bike. Removed the old flywheel, my word what a bar steward that was. Got the new fly wheel fitted and rode it home. Unfortunatly I could not fully test it out as one of my younger brothers was on the back as he held the bike upright while I did the work. Just waiting for this flurry of snow to sod off and maybe I will be able to get out for an hour or so to give it a good test.

Only haven rode it for a few miles it is picking up quicker and there is a lot less engine braking. I am actually having to use brakes now 8O :lol:

The engine itself even feels smoother than before. Next thing of the list is front springs :thumbup:
darkember

Post by darkember »

New rear brake pads fitted. I found removing the whole caliper more ideal than just pivoting it off the disk in that you can give is a thorough inspection & clean. It also will allow you to clean & copper grease the front floating plate & check the state of the front bolt rubber gromit.

Note: Depending on how worn your pads are check the level in the reservoir prior to returning the plunger to the flush point. Mine was half full at the start, by the time the plunger was flush it was just about to overflow out of the reservoir. As it was so cold I then left the fronts for another day.
whitestorm pete

Post by whitestorm pete »

Fitted front braided hoses,painted me clutch cover and put some wheel rim stickers on.Im very happy with the rim stickers for the small amount i payed for them they are a nice little detail :thumbup: Image
If sh1t were money you would be worth a fortune
Z28DUNC

Post by Z28DUNC »

Got the bike dirty and froze myself. Roads are minging at the mo but couldn't resist a spin.

leelee

Post by leelee »

fitted my new motobatt battery today and oxford optimiser, new wheel decals, anti slip pillion seat cover. then it drove out my garage with my brother sat on it so wont see it again for another fortnight he's using it while he sort out his gsxf600 (somebody has to own 1, it was mine but hated it so gave it to him). will get photos on soon as can work out how to get them on .
ride it till the tires fall off then keep going !!!!!!!
mr.john.coates

Post by mr.john.coates »

Went for a blast to keep it charged.
Cold but fun. The cold dense air, rich in oxygen, pushes up volumetric efficiency and your engine feels great. 1 hour was enough to get my fix.
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cleaning parts today, a bit of clay bar work and a fair bit of polishing on my new c/f goodies, thanks again seb.... :thumbup:
more importantly tho was all the little things like original tank rubbers, nuts/bolts and so on, things things cost a bomb....
i might even post some pictures later, if i can be arsed........... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!