DAVID SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General Biker Banter
EGG

DAVID SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by EGG »

So when i got told my CCT's on there way out i got a quote from a couple of places all said £90 for the pair with gaskets. sh1t i thought only just had the head bearings done now more money. Ah but wait i have seen something about the cost of CCT on the VTR web site. So i got the web address and had a look sure enough £26 per CCT and couple of quid for each gasket, i got the number from the web site and rang up this morning. So asked the guy on the other end of the phone if he had 2 CCT and gaskets for a 98 VTR? Ah yes he said £34 each. I then said but on your web site it says £26 each. He then said thats right but they havn't got any at the mo, they are on order from japan and won't be here end of june. Ok i said how much for 2 CCT's and gaskets? He said £72. Now i thought a couple of quid P&P and the money i am saving will nearly pay to get them fitted. Ok i said to the kind bloke on the other of the phone how much with P&P to London? Grand total parts and P&P

£92

£92 thats nearly £20 P&P at least Richard Turpin wore a mask!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something tells that there something not quite right here.

Aye Gee has order them for me now £91 and get them fitted on Friday. £40
Better to burn out than just fade away!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

£92 thats nearly £20 P&P at least Richard Turpin wore a mask!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've Got APE racing ones.....So I Aint ever gunna have to buy another pair again :wink:

Pete.l
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Ah, but how much were the APE CCT's in the first place?
tattie

Post by tattie »

Egg,
2 tensioners £34.44
2 gaskets £3.20
1 air filter £20.50
P+P £5.50
VAT £14.15
Total £95.01

Fitting of tensioners/ Filter and and carb balance£50.00

All bits from D S Spares

Good service I thought

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
wezrvf

Post by wezrvf »

How come you never have to change your CCT's ever again, and how much did you pay for them?? Is it worth doing because all i think about it are they going to go or not.......Sure you know what its like!!
Cheers guys
EGG

Post by EGG »

tattie,
1 CCT cost £34 last week 2 cost £68 plus gasket plus P&P came to £92 so you must have got lucky!
As for getting everything done for £50 you did really well because you would not get that at todays labour rates.
:?:
Better to burn out than just fade away!
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Hi WERVF.
WELCOME ON BOARD :lol:
a bit late i know but i've been away.
Eggs got the prices right (in my absence, Cheers Egg) the reason they won't need changing is because they are manual tensioners. All they have for innards is a big long bolt which you just unlock a locking nut and take up the slack when the chain wears. Easy as pie :D

pete.l
wezrvf

Post by wezrvf »

Thanks i might consider them!! Although at my local hein Gericke there is a guy there who use to have a storm and he has two new CCT's and said i can have them for the price of £20 the pair, bargain. Although i have had a pretty good offer, i let a guy ride my storm yesterday and he said do i want to do a straight swap for a T reg R6, pretty much imac! It is worth more than the storm but not too sure what to do as i love my storm but have always wanted an R6!!!!!
Any help will be great, cheers
Wez
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »