General Biker Banter
captainoi666

Message from Ramms+ein - I'm a lucky guy

Post by captainoi666 »

Hi,

today I received the following mail.

---------- cut ----------

Congratulations!

On April 8, 2013, you are invited to Berlin to attend Rammstein’s general rehearsal for the band’s upcoming tour and to be one of the few people to experience the new Rammstein show up close and in person!

The tour rehearsal takes place on April 8, 2013 at the following address: Black Box Music, Hertzstraße 73, 13158 Berlin. Doors: 7 pm. Show starts at 8 pm. This year the RammsteinShop will also be present with a merchandise booth, where you can purchase select items from the Rammstein collection. The shop already opens at 4 pm and a sign in front of Black Box Music will tell you where it is!

Have fun!
Your LIFAD Team

---------- cut ----------

Hey, hey, hey...I'm a lucky guy! One of the chosen few Ramms+ein fans, who are allowed to participate in this event. :beer: :beer: :beer:
That's incredible...

Cheers Buk
Virt

Re: Message from Ramms+ein - I'm a lucky guy

Post by Virt »

congratulations :thumbup: not a fan myself but each to their own :)
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

also not a fan, but well done you, i remember how they got there name, very sad indeed..... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

bigspanishmarty wrote:also not a fan, but well done you, i remember how they got there name, very sad indeed..... :(
Air show disaster or something wasn't it?
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Virt wrote:
bigspanishmarty wrote:also not a fan, but well done you, i remember how they got there name, very sad indeed..... :(
Air show disaster or something wasn't it?
yes it was young virt, very sad..... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

i like them :thumbup: well done on it :beer:
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

never heard of them :oops:

be good to go to advance stuff of something you're a fan of though! Remember once being in Production Village in Cricklewood on a weekday night and Clapton shows up with a few guys to just mess around on stage and practice 8O
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Dont forget MotoGP is on the 7th / 8tb April mate... Racing comes first tell them you want a satellite TV back stage

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
captainoi666

Post by captainoi666 »

Hi,
bigspanishmarty wrote: i remember how they got there name, very sad indeed..... :(
that's not quite right. You mean the 'Ramstein Air Base' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramstein_Air_Base with one 'm'.

Rammstein/Ramms+ein is a game with the words 'ramm' = in german language 'to ram something' and the word 'stein" = in german language 'stone...the stone'. This words are ambiguous in the German language. You can also say 'ramms + ein' in english 'ram it into' with an explicitly sexual meaning. Another interpretation is 'ramm-stein' which means a 'ramming stone/to ram something with a stone'.
One of the myths of this band is the origin of the band name in the Ramstein airshow disaster.

Sorry, the german language is not so clear and exact like the english one. 8)

Many international rammstein fans would give their right arm to see the show...so I'm a lucky guy.
and I hope there will be no air show disaster.

Cheers Buk
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Enjoy the night mate :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

:oops: :oops: :oops:
i saw a programe on the air show disaster and it explained that the band were name after it, just goes to show, you shouldn't believe everything you see on tv..... :eh:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That's also what it says on various internet sites, but like you say Marty it just goes to show how urban myths get into the public conciousness.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
edds11

Post by edds11 »

as long as the 'show' does not end up like the 'airshow' it should all be good......Ram like a stone, I will ask the missis and see what the answer will be... do they have wifi in hospitals nowadays.
adyf

Post by adyf »

Lucky b8stard,I'm a big fan would love to see them in Berlin,green with envy hope you enjoy it,don't know if you've seen em tribute band morderstein are very good, I think I frightened em though singing in there faces and headbanging like crazy in a drunken haze.DEATH TO ALL BUT METAL .ady f.
captainoi666

Post by captainoi666 »

Kev L wrote:That's also what it says on various internet sites, but like you say Marty it just goes to show how urban myths get into the public conciousness.
Please do not misunderstand me. The Ramstein Airshow disaster was one inspiration of the first Band name called "Rammstein Flugshow".
But it was not the main reason and not the only inspiration for the name Rammstein.

Oliver Riedel, the bassist of the band, commented that "German language suits heavy metal music. French might be the language of love, but German is the language of anger." But German is not only the language of anger, but also the language of the ambiguities.
Rammstein is an art project from East Germany in the tradition of Bertolt Brecht. Brecht's 'The Threepenny Opera' plays well with the ambiguity, as do the lyrics of Rammstein.

In the dark 12 years of the Nazi era million of german people use this ambiguity to send a "f*** off" to the nazi system. If they use the clear truth, they end up in a KZ. But the ambiguity of the German language made ​​it possible to make the people malicious jokes about the Nazi bigwigs, without being punished for it.

In comparison, the English language is clear and precise. It is very difficult to explain the difference. You have grown up with it.

The art project Ramms+ein plays with this ambiguity in their band name, in their lyrics and in their stage show.

But now...enough is enough! :lol: Let's talk about firestorms 8)

Cheers Buk