what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRDark »

Today I finished painting my clutch cover.

And tinkered with my carbs again

Upped the mains to 178 front and 180 rear. I also changed the front emulsion tube to a spare rear one I had and richened the mixture by a 1/4 turn out on each carb. yes I know I should only do one change at a time but I don't do anything by the book. :roll: I also replaced the foam filters in the corners of the airbox.

The slight carb cough/stutter I had at around 3-4 thousand revs has now gone and my idle is smoother. I'm getting close to the point now where it's ready for a dyno run.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Saintsman27

Its all coming back to me..mechanics

Post by Saintsman27 »

Hi Guys well the last motorcycle mechanics I did was manufacturing a pre-unit 500 Triton from frame and
assorted motorcycling Norton/Triumph paraphernalia back in the the 70's and well I enjoyed it then..however
due to the ravages of time and families.....sadly I have missed the call of the bike since then and
the anticipation of a job well done...so

Not only did I clean oil and wax my storm today... I boldly went where I had not been before ... I replaced spark plugs
on the bow and the stern of my engine ..(I like nautical terms). having spent a good deal looking at workshop practices ...
Purchased a 12 mm draper plug socket tool ... I had all the extension bars and did both plugs... they were both very loose and
hand tight which was surprising.. ...Wow its got new iridiums in from Mr Denso :D it here in Murkeyside so I cant take
it fer a spin ... well I could but I dont want to get wet.
Alb :wave:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

finished painting my spare oil cooler, i'm very impressed with frost's radiator paint, its not cheap but it's very good.... :thumbup:
i also rubbed down and painted an original bikini fairing, kept it silver, it'll be going on my second bike..
heres some pics of the oil cooler....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Looks better than my sp1 cooler !
Good work guys
captainoi666

Post by captainoi666 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Nice work Captain, post up your drawing, I might have to get some of those copied
Oh sorry, I don't have drawings. I make this solution without great planning. In the American SuperHawk forum I explain the way to make this adapter. It should be possible to realize the adapter without drawing. If not, please give me a little bit time to create a drawing.

http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/mo ... post350387

But be carefull, my english is horrendous... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Buk
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydiecbr wrote:Looks better than my sp1 cooler !
Good work guys
cheeky sod..... :lol:
i can't complain tho, the oil cooler cost me a whooping £4.76........and that includes delivery..... :D
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigspanishmarty wrote:
Good work guys
i can't complain tho, the oil cooler cost me a whooping £4.76........and that includes delivery..... :D
I could of have you one for free :-)
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydiecbr wrote:
bigspanishmarty wrote:
Good work guys
I could of have you one for free :-)
if only i had known mate, thanks for the offer tho dude..... :thumbup:
i know storm oil coolers aren't worth much, its one of those items that you see on ebay that have a price ranging from £10 to £50.....having a browse on the bay today and one of the well known spares firms is asking £185 for a used headlight......... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
playerone

Post by playerone »

Picked up a set of carbon twin port exhausts :thumbup: will post pic's when I get them fitted, hopefully on fri. Had quite a natter with the guy, got a nice R1 with the top spec Tuono R engine transplanted in it...........he bought the full Tuono R bike with just under 13k miles on for £1000!!!!!!!!!! Runs a bike shop and is in the process of starting manufacturing carbon fibre goodies too :D
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

carbon fibre goodies
:erection:

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

playerone wrote:Picked up a set of carbon twin port exhausts :thumbup: will post pic's when I get them fitted, hopefully on fri. Had quite a natter with the guy, got a nice R1 with the top spec Tuono R engine transplanted in it...........he bought the full Tuono R bike with just under 13k miles on for £1000!!!!!!!!!! Runs a bike shop and is in the process of starting manufacturing carbon fibre goodies too :D
any chance he could knock up some storm frame protectors???
looking forward to the pics mate, i reckon those twin ports will sound ace.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

some storm frame protectors??
Now there's a thought. The guy would do a fair bit of business with them as they are not made by anyone anymore.

playerone

Post by playerone »

I did mention that to him, I've got his number and bike shop details so will keep in touch with him. As well as cf goodies for sale he's about to start making replica panels for his R1 in carbon fibre, hoping to get it in one of the magazines this year
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

cybercarl wrote:Today I finished painting my clutch cover.

And tinkered with my carbs again

Upped the mains to 178 front and 180 rear. I also changed the front emulsion tube to a spare rear one I had and richened the mixture by a 1/4 turn out on each carb. yes I know I should only do one change at a time but I don't do anything by the book. :roll: I also replaced the foam filters in the corners of the airbox.

The slight carb cough/stutter I had at around 3-4 thousand revs has now gone and my idle is smoother. I'm getting close to the point now where it's ready for a dyno run.

Looks like its been pebbledashed. With Led lighting it'll look like a council house :lol: :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Say what you think there lee. That was funny :lol:
AMcQ