top gear was good

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

top gear was good

Post by agentpineapple »

over the last couple of years i've noticed top gear isn't as funny as it used to be, i still love the lack of political correctness, but it looks like most of there jokes are staged and getting repetitive. but tonights part 1 of 2 africa special was very entertaining.... :thumbup:
now to round off a lovely evening by watching motd2 and the mighty spurs beating the north london scum..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Re: top gear was good

Post by VTRDark »

You watched it as well then. The hamster made the right choice of cars there. And wasn't funny when that branch fell on Jeremy's head and smashed his windscreen. :lol:

The only thing that pisses me off with Top Gear is it always the same format with them buying all sorts of crap for each others cars and nicking bits etc.

I wish they had a motorcycle equivalent of Top Gear on mainstream tele.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Bullyboydave

Post by Bullyboydave »

Yep agree there, apart from Racing there's nothing on bikes really, Superbike Show is ok but not enough in it really.How many bikers is there and no decent bike shows, what a crying shame. Could have a bike Stig and a star on SV650 lol :D
If Carlsberg made bikes, they would be V Twins
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Hopefully in the near future with the increase of bike/scooter riders they may put a series on but I wouldn't put my cards on it. One of the best non racing bike series I ever watched was that one with Charlie Borman, or whatever his name is, and Luke Skywalker (I'm terrible with names :lol: ) touring across the world. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

berko_lad

Post by berko_lad »

I used to pitch motorcycle shows at TV all the time (it's one of the things I do) and I never got anywhere in spite of the fact that a lot of people involved in telly are serious bikers.

Thankfully, some of the cable channels are putting out some decent magazine stuff now but there's nothing mainstream and I don't think there ever will be.
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:

I do believe there was a petition a few years back for one and they just didn't think anyone would watch it because bikes 'aren't as diverse as cars' or something. But there's all sorts of biking styles ??
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Virt wrote:
cybercarl wrote:

I do believe there was a petition a few years back for one and they just didn't think anyone would watch it because bikes 'aren't as diverse as cars' or something. But there's all sorts of biking styles ??
There are also all sorts of styles of hair cut, where's 'Top Cut'... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

last night was better than the last few, but I have to say it has been dropping in quality for a while now and getting more than a bit stale. A few years ago it would be compulsary viewing in the McQ house on a sunday night and even Mrs McQ would watch and chuckle, but now I watch it alone and the week before last I got bored and switched over!

it is time for it to close and let a new set of presenters and producers come through.........and add bikes to the program like 5th gear used to do...........oh... and can we have VBH as a presenter as well and Suzi Perry:D
AMcQ
Virt

Post by Virt »

AMCQ46 wrote:and add bikes to the program like 5th gear used to do...........oh... and can we have VBH as a presenter as well and Suzi Perry:D
Top Gear used to do bikes too, back in the 90's before Clarkson. There was an episode with the firestorm too, that's where I first saw it on YouTube a couple of months ago :lol:
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

isn't Hammond a biker as well?? And Captain Slow (ps used to be my nickname at work - more to do with my floral shirts than anything else :wink: )

All a bit contrived for me now - although this series is slightly more interesting.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Yeah, Hammond has a Hayabusa or something I think. They were talking about it one episode, no idea what May has. Probably a moped :lol: :lol:

This series is probably the best this decade at the least
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The bike articles were done by Steve Berry. Never that good if I remember right
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/20 ... 0Berry.jpg
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

a friend of mine bumped into james may having a cuppa at the ace cafe towards the end of last year, he's deffo a biker... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

James may just bought an rc30, he likes his classic 80s bikes
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

he likes his classic 80s bikes
Now why doesn't that surprise me, though I though he may prefer an older classic like a BSA or Norton.

Virt if you can find the Firestorm episode post the link buddy. :thumbup: