what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
grumpyfrog

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by grumpyfrog »

jazz man,
whats going on? did you find 2 tins of half used paint in that shed of yours or do you have a cunning plan to pimp the red beast to slow you down!!
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

As we speak the wheels are probably soaking in some form of chemical burny stuff to get them back to virgin untouched metal.

Hopefully getting them back next week when I shall reveal the finished articles.

It now means I have a spare set of storm wheels if anyone's interested.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
alternative_vtr

Post by alternative_vtr »

Took mine for MOT and it failed :(
Failed on bars fouling the fairing after I fitted vfr bars, it only lightly brushes by but its failed so swapping bars for retest next week.
KTM Duke 690ABS in White
playerone

Post by playerone »

bigspanishmarty wrote:

looking forward to seeing the results buddy, are you going down the route of satin black?? or is it a surprise..... :wink:
yeah, just going down the black route but he's obviously fairly busy as they won't be ready for at least a fortnight, but bonus is the mechanic downstairs is stripping and rebuilding the swingarm and forks so I'll need to drop seals etc off and finally get round to getting the springs I bought off Al about 18 months ago fitted :lol: :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Today I have NOT fitted this, as it's bloody snowing again and I am loading the new van to go and do a disco for a friend at a pub, but it's upstairs, oh joy, how I love humping a bloody heavy disco, speakers, amps, lights, etc upstairs.
So I WON'T be fannying around on the drive sticking this on.
Because it's Kevlar as well as Carbon weave it took ages last week to cut the holes, still, it's a bit of bling, isn't it.
The added grams worry me though, might have to go on a diet, or drill holes in non-essential parts to get the weight back down.
Don't need pillion hangers, really, and I'm sure there's a few bits that would benefit from a hole or two.

New van:
Well, new to me, anyway.

Big enough to get a bike in it, six seats.....just needs a serious sound system, LED's, lasers, smoke machine, strobes and lasers. And some strong anchor points to strap to. Did I mention that inside my own head I'm still 17? Still, it's the wife that has to drive it day-to-day, I'm still throwing the little fourby at the scenery, when I'm not on the bike.

But now the big trailer's redundant, so if anyone needs a 7 x 9 four wheeler drop tail trailer, plenty big enough for two bikes, three at a squeeze, let me know.
Once the weather picks up I'll give it another coat of Hammerite and get it sold, as due to the van I now need the room on the drive.

Onwards and upwards......(stairs that is :thumbdown: )
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

playerone wrote:
bigspanishmarty wrote:

looking forward to seeing the results buddy, are you going down the route of satin black?? or is it a surprise..... :wink:
yeah, just going down the black route :lol: :lol:
Snowing round your way as well, then?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's not a van it's a mini bus :lol: Looks like you have a very nice motor there You wont need a tent when going to festivals with that, Just stick an awning on the side. Interesting. Interesting , colour it reminds me off an RN van, did you buy it in Portsmouth :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

cybercarl wrote:That's not a van it's a mini bus :lol: Looks like you have a very nice motor there You wont need a tent when going to festivals with that, Just stick an awning on the side. Interesting. Interesting , colour it reminds me off an RN van, did you buy it in Portsmouth :thumbup:

Nope, Biggin Hill, it's been used in Devon by a coach company but was originally a Motability vehicle, hence wheelchair/bike room between the rear seats.
53 plate, low miles, £3k.

Based on a Renault Master, 97ps diesel, no turbo, so it isn't exactly quick, but as you say, ideal for festy's, camping weekends, bike race weekends, and collecting/delivering bikes. Plenty of room in the back for airbeds etc. No curtains though, so i'll have to leave me shreddies on....

All I need now is a ramp, or even better, a tail lift.....all I have at present is a scaffold board, painted pink and called Lily.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

''...all I have at present is a scaffold board, painted pink and called Lily.''

Very good Mr Mon's :lol: Will you be playing that tonight ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

being a mobility bus, is there any provision for a chair/bike lift to be fitted????
looks good tony, perfect for what you want, and you will be saving weight, after youv'e lumped all the disco gear up and down stairs, you would have lost a pound or two.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Been for a ride over to see the above big man. It's a bit chilly out there :eek2 I want the nice weather to turn up so I can tinker with my bike. I'm getting tinkering withdrawals.

==============================Enter the Darkside
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Went to my mates where the storm is for us to go for a ride - tw@ hasn't connected the battery conditioner for over two weeks so ended up looking at the snow drinking tea and munching toast

Tony - on the way was listening to a radio programme about disco evenings for the over 50's and this lady said they are so popular. Twist on the normal disco is they have a choreographer to get everyone going (Mac??), they are sell outs at local halls etc etc especially with the ladies that just want to dance who take their teenage daughters!!! One in glasgow is callen Hip Replacement :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

BigVeeGrin wrote:Went to my mates where the storm is for us to go for a ride - tw@ hasn't connected the battery conditioner for over two weeks so ended up looking at the snow drinking tea and munching toast

Tony - on the way was listening to a radio programme about disco evenings for the over 50's and this lady said they are so popular. Twist on the normal disco is they have a choreographer to get everyone going (Mac??), they are sell outs at local halls etc etc especially with the ladies that just want to dance who take their teenage daughters!!! One in glasgow is callen Hip Replacement :lol:
I'm too young BVG another year or two & I'm up for that, think of all those rich widows!
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
leelee

Post by leelee »

finally managed to get out on the bike today quick half hour ride cold but still fun forgot how much it pulls from nothing. think the old lady i passed on back wheel nearly dropped a stitch on her knitting lol. :thumbup: hope to get a few more rides in soon.
ride it till the tires fall off then keep going !!!!!!!
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Removed aftermarket belly pan and db screen. Replaced with originals. Balanced carbs. Scotoiler in the post. New tyres due, as is a little service ( well, its not really but I'll do it anyway ). On lookout for carbon hugger, if anyone sees anything on the bay or elsewhere.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "