New Bellypan

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Rampant Lion

New Bellypan

Post by Rampant Lion »

Fitted a belly pan this weekend. Bought off ebay in scruffy black. Had it colour matched to the bike. Real pleased with the end result.
Had: CB125. Benelli 250. Yamaha YDS7.Kawasaki Z400. Kawasaki Z650c. Kawasaki Z650B1. Kawasaki Z1300.Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100R. TDM 850 (2 off). Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100RT. Yamaha XT600.

Now: VTR 98 Storm in lovely silver....
Kev L

Re: New Bellypan

Post by Kev L »

Looks nice. Good job fella. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yep looks great :Thumbup:
whitestorm pete

Post by whitestorm pete »

nice clean look mate :thumbup:
If sh1t were money you would be worth a fortune
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

:thumbup: that shape with the gap looks best with your handlebar setup I think :thumbup:
do you know what make it is ?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good job R/L, IMHO that works very well 8)

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think Rampant wins the award for best Storm Tourer. Nice looking bike. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Rampant Lion

Post by Rampant Lion »

thanks for all the comments. No idea of the make of the belly pan. If I find out, I'll post the make. Cheers guys. :D
Had: CB125. Benelli 250. Yamaha YDS7.Kawasaki Z400. Kawasaki Z650c. Kawasaki Z650B1. Kawasaki Z1300.Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100R. TDM 850 (2 off). Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100RT. Yamaha XT600.

bluestoesonnose

Post by bluestoesonnose »

I really like that, I think the gap between the fairing and the belly pan all ways looks good on the Storm
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

like it, it sets the bike off well.

but every time I look at the photo I keep thinking it was designed to sit 2" higher, so the oil sight level glass is lined up with the matching flat on the belly pan [and the flat is drilled out obviously].

It looks good where it is, but if it was designed to sit higher you might have ground clearance problems especially when you have all your touring boxes filled.........I say this because I managed to get my Moriwaki belly pan on the ground when riding 2 up after I got a weight related rear spring fitted
AMcQ
bluestoesonnose

I think the flat on the belly pan is for a mounting bolt and you may have to cut the pan about as it does look close to the exhaust in the photo.

I agree about ground clearance though, it does look a little low, but it could be the angle of the shot, etc, etc
Rampant Lion

Post by Rampant Lion »

I'll have a look at the fitting again at the weekend when I'm home. It's fitted using three points, a bolt on the right side which uses the original bracket and two long bolts from beneath which go into the rear and front sump holes on the left side. All at present line up just right. If it was to sit higher at the back then the pre drilled holes would not match. No harm in having another wee look anyway. Could be that the pan is designed to suit more than one bike with different fixings. Bought second hand, so unsure really. Thanks again guys...

captainoi666

Post by captainoi666 »

bluestoesonnose wrote:I really like that, I think the gap between the fairing and the belly pan all ways looks good on the Storm
Yeah, I also like the gap between fairing and belly pan. Many motorcycles have a full fairing. The visible parts of the engine between fairing and belly pan makes the Storm something special. I don't like this huge belly pans. It minimize the special character of the Storm.

I've got almost the same belly pan as Rampant Lion has. There were some problems with overheating from the exhaust pipes, but fixed it with heat protective foil.

Cheers Buk (and sorry for my poor english :roll: )

bluestoesonnose

I kike the idea of the heat protective foil. Just fitted a belly pan to my partners Monster (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D0250-BELLY-P ... 483b0b086c) which whilst built like a tank does need a little help around the exhaust. I also like the mesh, all good ideas.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

captainoi666 wrote:
bluestoesonnose wrote:I really like that, I think the gap between the fairing and the belly pan all ways looks good on the Storm
Yeah, I also like the gap between fairing and belly pan.
and I do!

Captain - what make of pan is the one on yous?