New to forum - Blade(s) to Storm Swapper!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
StickySC36

New to forum - Blade(s) to Storm Swapper!

Post by StickySC36 »

Greetings all.

This looks like the place to be for all things Firestorm, and you chaps seem like a friendly bunch from what I've read so far.

I've been a Honda nut all my days, and recently swapped my 1999 RRX Fireblade for a 1999 FX Firestorm. I owned the RRX blade for 11 years, so I was sad to see it go.

The RRX was showing signs of abuse, and was beyond weathered, thus a straight swap from a mate who was after a project, for his Firestorm with a years MOT was a no brainer.

Early days, and we need new tyres ASAP (!!!), but I think I like it! Pearl Lively Orange, a bit tatty, but seems solid enough.

While I had the RRX I owned a 2008 RR8 Fireblade for two years, with great plans to give the older blade an overhaul. That never quite happened. The RR8 was a stunning bike, but I pampered it, and it really got minimal use - end result I sold it and recouped most of the outlay.

Right now I'm hooked. I seem to have a V-Twin VTR fascination. I'm armed with a cheeky glass of red, and I'm off to look through some of the awesome pics you guys have uploaded.

Cheers!

Sticky (Gordon).
lloydie

Re: New to forum - Blade(s) to Storm Swapper!

Post by lloydie »

Welcome and hello .
I to had a blade before the storm :-)
simo

Post by simo »

Welcome Gordon. I'm sure you'll like the bike as it's well suited to Scottish roads. There's quite a few Forum Members in different parts North of the Boarder. What's your location?
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the club, time to get modding so you have it all sorted when the weather breaks and we have our 2 day summer :D

Which end of Bonney Scotland are from, I am going to try and get this lot up to SW Scotland this year as thats where I grew up.
AMcQ
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

welcome in :thumbup: enjoy the v-twin thing !
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yes welcome to the forum. :beer:

Have good read through the workshop knowlagebase
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

Stick around here and you can't go wrong, plenty of advice and guidance and members willing to help out. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Welcome to the forum for nuts with loud bikes.
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Any friend of Howard Wolowitz is welwome on this forum
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

ChrisC wrote:Any friend of Howard Wolowitz is welwome on this forum
i was going to say the opposite! :? :lol:
AMcQ
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard buddy
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome to the forum dude.... :thumbup:
be warned, omce you start modding it's hard to stop, theres some essential mods thet should be done, and then theres loads of non-essential mods... :D
its all done to personal choice, i'd reccomend a front mudguard extender to protect the front of your engine. you might find the front forks need a refresh with new oil and for better handling new springs.
theres a quick action throttle tube which is cheap, then you could put a 3 or 6mm spacer on the rear shock to sharpen up the steering.....the list is endless... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

a blade great bike but a tad bland, i love the storm and bazinga!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club Sticky. Hope you enjoy the Storm mate. :thumbup: Embrace the difference.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
StickySC36

Post by StickySC36 »

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps.

Good to hear there are a few of you who have also owned a blade and storm. The change must be do-able!

I grew up in Troon, and still live in Ayrshire. Have toured the many fantastic roads of Scotland on inline fours, I am looking forward to a summer on a twin.

The Postman dropped off my first purchase for the storm this morning; some stainless bolts for a general tidy up. They will replace the horrendously furry gold anodised fasteners currently fitted. Not my style at all, more like something the real Wolowitz would fit!

Next stop, possibly a set of Road Pilot 3's and head bearings I think.... but that's for another debate.

Cheers!

Sticky.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

StickySC36 wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome chaps.

Good to hear there are a few of you who have also owned a blade and storm. The change must be do-able!

I grew up in Troon, and still live in Ayrshire. Have toured the many fantastic roads of Scotland on inline fours, I am looking forward to a summer on a twin.

The Postman dropped off my first purchase for the storm this morning; some stainless bolts for a general tidy up. They will replace the horrendously furry gold anodised fasteners currently fitted. Not my style at all, more like something the real Wolowitz would fit!

Next stop, possibly a set of Road Pilot 3's and head bearings I think.... but that's for another debate.

Cheers!

Sticky.
Uprate to taper race bearings rather than the standard bearings it may already have, a bot fiddle adjusting correctly after fitting but worth it in the long run.