Starter

General Bike chat
neilyandrews

Starter

Post by neilyandrews »

Hi guys and galls.
Help. Since ive had my storm has had continuous problem. Go out one day starts fine , another day 2nd press on button and then flat battery. Jump start always starts fine. Go for a ride , switch off and enjoy a beer, go back out and wont start. New battery, charging seems fine. Looked at starter seems ok.
Summer coming up what do i do next ? :beer:
benny hedges

Re: Starter

Post by benny hedges »

reg rec is fkt.

also, undo the lead from the start solenoid where it joins the starter.... check for corrosion.
if its fkt you f can clean it up and replace the insulator with a bit of plastic tubing.

if it's proper nackered ive got a spare one.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
neilyandrews

Post by neilyandrews »

Thanks for that , ill have a look tomorrow.
slower110

Post by slower110 »

Had exactly the same problem with mine, changed the reg rec for one off a cbr125 (cheers benny), new battery. Had no problems at all since. :)
leelee

Post by leelee »

slower110 wrote:Had exactly the same problem with mine, changed the reg rec for one off a cbr125 (cheers benny), new battery. Had no problems at all since. :)
which model/year cbr 125 pal is it as good as the r1 conversion !!
ride it till the tires fall off then keep going !!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Anyone of these will plug'n'play and will be an improvement over the early unfinned R/R. Have a search for the lowdown on mosfets which will lead you to make an choice on what you want to do.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CBR-125 ... 3ccea342cc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/honda-cbr-125 ... 2327c4747c
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts