Bar height

General Bike chat
AMCQ46

Re: Bar height

Post by AMCQ46 »

carl,
the idea of being able to adjust the Apex bars to a different setting each day is great, but I think he practice will be not so easy if you want to make more than a small adjustment

going from clipon to flat bar style [to mimic the ultra low renthals] will mean not only do you have to cut the faring the first time, but you would have to move the throttle cables and brake lines each time so they could fit in the gap between the fork leg and the fairing. now my throttle cables dont go through the forks, but they did before, and I had to flip the angles brake banjos to point the other way and then put one brake line betwen the forks. so that is not something that you would do each day :(
AMcQ
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

AMCQ46 wrote:carl,
the idea of being able to adjust the Apex bars to a different setting each day is great, but I think he practice will be not so easy if you want to make more than a small adjustment

going from clipon to flat bar style [to mimic the ultra low renthals] will mean not only do you have to cut the faring the first time, but you would have to move the throttle cables and brake lines each time so they could fit in the gap between the fork leg and the fairing. now my throttle cables dont go through the forks, but they did before, and I had to flip the angles brake banjos to point the other way and then put one brake line betwen the forks. so that is not something that you would do each day :(
I totally agree. I have got the dan moto adjustables fitted to my blade forks. Took ages to get every thing routed correctly and get both clipons setup exactly the same by measuring. I can't be bothered with the hassle of ever adjusting their height. I don't think there is space anyway
Last edited by Steve6088 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Good point :thumbup: MMmm all nice in theory but like most things in practise not so straight forward. Now why did that not occur to me :roll: I need to slap myself in the head again. Wake up Carl :Fish1:

:lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacKrell17

Post by MacKrell17 »

Just a heads up on the Gilles Vario bars. The riser isn't compatible with the firestorm. I have a 60mm riser (80 I think is the max) firstly the additional height means new brake, clutch and throttle lines. if you install with the curve of the riser tawards the tank thenyoh will have a reduced lock to lock on the bars. And the bars will obviously hit the tank before the stops. You may also need to take a Dremel to the master cylinder. The increased height of the bars means you will also need to cut the fairings.

On the positive side they a very well made and adjust in all directions also very simple to adjust and you can buy all the spares as required if you have a mishaps.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

be easier to grow longer arms!!!. i will just lean forward a bit and go fast to get the wind to push me back a bit.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!