Spain

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Spain

Post by sirch345 »

Hi Guys,
Just got back from a weeks holiday in the Costa Del Sol, the first holiday away we've had in years. We hired a vehicle from Malaga airport and did a lot of site seeing. I've got to say how lovely it was to have brilliant weather and no speed camera's!!! I just wish I had had my VTR with me, that was my only complaint. It was a bit of a shock to see all these youngsters riding around on small bikes/chicken chasers etc with no helmets, with shorts, trainers and tee shirts, (a very few did wear a helmet and leather jacket and I mean a very few) but seeing how young they are with their riding skills, makes you realise how Spain have some top riders. The motorways and dual carrigeways we travelled on were of really good tarmac, with the beautiful deep blue skys and the bright sunshine (don't mean to cheese anybody off, honest) bikers heaven or what! Now back to reality, crap weather,
Chris.
paulc

Post by paulc »

Just got back from spain on my VFR, First time, complete novice, can now go round bends and want a VTR to go round even quicker. Can't believe you went to Spain without your bike, it was the most brilliant holiday.
Can't wait to go again.
Spacemonkey

Post by Spacemonkey »

Which is why I own 20 acres over there next to the best fishing river in Spain, and with the best road in Spain going from my gaff North into Andorra-the C133.... 8)
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over...."
paulc

Post by paulc »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ................
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Snort . . . ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Paulc wrote
Can't believe you went to Spain without your bike

No I could'nt believe it either, when I was actually there. Which part of Spain did you go to Paul?
cheers Chris.
Buddy

Spain trip wiv me bro

Post by Buddy »

Hey guys don’t wanna add to your misery, but my bro and me are off to Spain via France on the 23rd July, me on my VTR and bro on his Fazer. We will be starting in Calais and travelling through the middle of France, over that new bridge (designed by a brit) on the A75, then eventually hitting the north of Spain. We will be touring the Spanish coast road, right the way down to Gibraltar a total of 2300 mile. We then turn round and come all the way back. A total of 21 nights, we will be camping most of the time, but if anyone knows of any good B&B's we could stop at let me know. This is our first trip abroad on bikes so a few tips would be nice. :D
trebs

Re: Spain trip wiv me bro

Post by trebs »

Buddy wrote: This is our first trip abroad on bikes so a few tips would be nice. :D
Top tip and maybe blatantly obvious.
Travel insurance with hospitalisation and repatriation.
Having not lived in the UK for a while I have no idea how this is all dealt with now. When I travelled over here in '87 I had an MCN insurance deal for 15 quid.

Boy, was I happy I took it.
15mph sideswipe by a BMW 5 series and I was hospitalised with ruptured spleen, torn diaphragm and collapsed lung.

The basic paperwork might have covered my medical bills, but the extra insurance allowed my dad to fly out, got my bike and him back to the UK, then got me back to the UK on a stretcher spread over 9 plane seats, with a nurse :) ,legal assistance, etc, etc.

Best 15 quid I ever spent.

Like I say, I have no idea how it all works now. Worth asking though.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: Spain trip wiv me bro

Post by cupasoop »

Buddy wrote:Hey guys don’t wanna add to your misery, but my bro and me are off to Spain via France on the 23rd July, me on my VTR and bro on his Fazer. We will be starting in Calais and travelling through the middle of France, over that new bridge (designed by a brit) on the A75, then eventually hitting the north of Spain. We will be touring the Spanish coast road, right the way down to Gibraltar a total of 2300 mile. We then turn round and come all the way back. A total of 21 nights, we will be camping most of the time, but if anyone knows of any good B&B's we could stop at let me know. This is our first trip abroad on bikes so a few tips would be nice. :D
Isnt it amazing how quickly you can go off someone? :wink:
Rich.

Bink

Post by Bink »

Don't bring too many clothes (you can always buy cheap t-shirts/shorts when you are there)
Tyre repair kit
Credit card (Tol roads)
Phone numbers (Insurance, Road side assistance etc)
Get the bike serviced
Chain Lube (small can)
Local Map(s)
Beer money
Sun creme (to prevent sunburn when you are riding)
8)
Extra set of keys (locks/ignition)

Top tip - pack your bags - then re-pack them & remove none essentials - then repeat step 2 ... That's all you need :)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Buddy wrote
Hey guys don’t wanna add to your misery, but my bro and me are off to Spain via France on the 23rd July, me on my VTR and bro on his Fazer. We will be starting in Calais and travelling through the middle of France, over that new bridge (designed by a brit) on the A75, then eventually hitting the north of Spain. We will be touring the Spanish coast road, right the way down to Gibraltar a total of 2300 mile. We then turn round and come all the way back. A total of 21 nights, we will be camping most of the time, but if anyone knows of any good B&B's we could stop at let me know. This is our first trip abroad on bikes so a few tips would be nice.

That trip sounds brilliant to me, wish I was going myself.
Chris.