RIP Space dude

General Biker Banter
pinkyfloyd

RIP Space dude

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Too soon?
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
Stratman

Re: RIP Space dude

Post by Stratman »

He always wanted a galaxy to be named after him, but wasn't too impressed by "smooth and creamy".

Seriously though, top bloke and very eccentric. :D
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Bloody hell, I was only watching him on this months Sky as Night the other day. What a great man. It will be interesting to see who takes over the Sky at night now, I suspect the young Blonde bloke, Dr Chris whatever his name his. The programme wont be the same without Sir Patrick. It would be nice to see his home and observatory in Selsey turned into a museum.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

A great, great man, who I respect a lot, I just wish I had an inch of his knowledge.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

StormingHonda wrote:A great, great man, who I respect a lot, I just wish I had an inch of his knowledge.
+1
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

To be honest, most of the time, I hadn't a clue what he was on about but i still listened intensely.
R I P. Patric
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

When I was a kid I got dragged off to an effing Sunday school and Patrick Moore was the guy in charge. He was ace, took no notice of any religious clap trap and just had fun. Weird experience. Said a "thanks" today.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

he was also ace on the bongaphonium :D

[youtube][/youtube]
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

+1 A great man indeed! I think that Brian Cox should be next in line, Brian have unique way exciteing your imagination, not sure what it is really, a bit like Carl Sagan
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Sorry, but all this ' supposed ' intelligence, and he comes out with ' the only good kraut is a dead kraut '.

Richard !!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

His fiancé was killed in the blitz by a German bomb :roll:

Completely unrepentant about his lack of political correctness, he loathed bureaucrats and despised politicians — though he did join the Monster Raving Loony Party as Minister for Extra-Terrestrial Affairs...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Wicky wrote:His fiancé was killed in the blitz by a German bomb :roll:

Completely unrepentant about his lack of political correctness, he loathed bureaucrats and despised politicians — though he did join the Monster Raving Loony Party as Minister for Extra-Terrestrial Affairs...
I know, but if he didn't have the intelligence to realise that it doesnt make them all bad then my statement stands, and he clearly wasn't that clever at all.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Add to the the loss of his fiance* add also his father who served in WW1 who died later from the effects of gas in the trenches, and his problem with the Germans as a whole seems quite understandable. - almost like an intense overgeneralised phobia of all things German, with the possible exception of German optics ;-)

* That was it for me. It went too deep. There couldn’t be anybody else. She wasn’t there and there was no one else for me, so you make the best of a bad job.

I've worked in hospital with veterans who had suffered in Japanese POW camps and could be 'off' with Philipino staff, whose appearance triggered all kinds of deep rooted traumatic and emotional damage that wasn't easily overcome with rational & logical 'intelligence'. I think's its more a spiritual matter/ emotional intelligence matter to find forgiveness in one's heart to forgive former enemies, than one of 'IQ/scientific intelligence' and thankfully it does occur, but not to everyone so making it very special when it does.

Japanese POW cannot forget, cannot forgive - "I remember, so I can’t stop being angry.”
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Brown ... story.html

A Doolittle Raider's Story of War and Forgiveness - "I found my bitter hatred for them changed to loving pity."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_DeShazer
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

the only good kraut is a dead kraut
No worse than any comments made by football supporters towards each other. I think anyone that has been to war earns the right to hate their enemy for the rest of their life if they so wish.

What a shame Lord such didn't become PM, we could have had Patrick as secretary :lol: :lol: Maybe more money could have been put into Space research than warfare. If we spent the same amount of money that goes into warfare on Space research, we would all be living like Star Trek now exploring the universe. :roll: I heard something recently which surprised me. I can't remember the exact figures, but apparently America spent something like 150 billion either a week or month on the Iraq war which is more money than NASA has been given for research in the last 50 years 8O

==============================Enter the Darkside
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

cybercarl wrote:
the only good kraut is a dead kraut
No worse than any comments made by football supporters towards each other. I think anyone that has been to war earns the right to hate their enemy for the rest of their life if they so wish.

What a shame Lord such didn't become PM, we could have had Patrick as secretary :lol: :lol: Maybe more money could have been put into Space research than warfare. If we spent the same amount of money that goes into warfare on Space research, we would all be living like Star Trek now exploring the universe. :roll: I heard something recently which surprised me. I can't remember the exact figures, but apparently America spent something like 150 billion either a week or month on the Iraq war which is more money than NASA has been given for research in the last 50 years 8O

Not sure about that sum, but I'm sure I remember that it is close to 1 billion per day just for the war cost, not to mention the regular cost of maintaining a large military in general.... Just give me one percent from one day... you know how many VTR's I can buy??? :)
Eh.... this whole political crap is just stupid, such a waste and no results anyway, trying to advance a culture stuck in the middle ages due to religious believes or just for oil and control over region, China will take over soon anyway and India would probably be next to kin.
If they just invested this money in education and other sciences, we would have a much brighter real future to look for...
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy